Over the years since its meteoric rise during the late 1900s, the Internet has broken ground as a gateway to a vast world of information and content. While access to it was limited back then, it has become more approachable and integrated into our ways of living. It has revolutionized many aspects, from how we consume entertainment to how we purchase items. It has even revolutionized how we deal with education!
There are many different ways of learning and gaining knowledge in the new age. Online courses are one of the most popular ways to learn. When it comes to handling courses shared by and for everyone, Thinkific may be one of the first names to pop up. But did you know about the other platforms that deliver similar functions? In this article, we’ll take a look at our four online course competitors and see how much each holds up to Thinkific’s standards!
For those of you who prefer a more visual experience, here is a video review from Useful Website’s YouTube channel. To get a comprehensive overview of Thinkific, you may still want to check out our article below.
What is Thinkific? A Brief Overview Zippy Courses Pricing Vs Thinkific
Before we compare Thinkific to the other four, let’s first discuss what it is, how it works and how it can help aspiring entrepreneurs like you. Thinkific, a learning management software (LMS), aims to create an engaging and optimized educational environment for both students and teachers. It has been favored among established businesses and edupreneurs, as well as the newbies. Since its establishment in the 2010s, Thinkific has been associated with big-name companies such as Samsung, Hootsuite, Intuit, and many more.
One of Thinkific’s selling points is the ability to customize flexibly from how you wish to present your courses to how much you want to charge them. Some of its key features include the Site Builder where you’re given a platform and the right amount of customization tools to build a dedicated webpage for your courses. The course editor allows you to customize your curriculum according to what you are interested in, with many lesson types and templates to choose from. You also have the option to either share your courses for free or put up a membership fee for your subscribers to pay with this feature! Other notable parts of Thinkific are easy integrations with the built-in Thinkific App Store, easy-use student data management and interactions, and no high transaction fees!
It’s worth noting that Thinkific has a Free plan that lets you gain access to basic features, but to get the most out of the platform, it’s recommended that you try any of the paid plans, such as the Basic plan with the price as low as $39/month, the Pro plan at $79 with the option of a Growth add-on, and the Premier, which lets you have full access to everything at $399.
Thinkific vs. Teachingable
Teachable is a course creation platform that has a very similar footing to Thinkific in terms of the features they offer and the popularity they have among edupreneurs everywhere. Just like the latter, the former lets you have full control of what you wish to share in your content such as pricing and student data management. You can also create your own curriculum on the platform. Although both of the LMS services may be similar at face value, make no mistake – Teachable does have a couple of unique assets that make it stand out from Thinkific and other course content sites!
The Key Features
Teachable’s editing interface is easier to use than Thinkific’s. Although there are some limitations, like the lack of integrations with Storyline and Captivate, Teachable offers more options than Thinkific. You can also import content from cloud-based storage platforms like Google Drive or Dropbox. The drag-and-drop functionality is more engaging than Thinkific’s.
Teachable allows you to use stronger, more advanced marketing and analytics tools. This includes the one-step checkout page feature, which has been proven to have higher conversion rates than Thinkific’s 2-step process. Teachable also offers a mobile app for iOS, and live chat support in high priced plans. Zippy Courses Pricing Vs Thinkific
Similar to Thinkific’s, Teachable’s four pricing plans include the Free plan that beginners may want to try out risk-free. It is however, more affordable than the others.
- The Basic plan is priced as low as $29 per month.
- The Pro plan, its recommended tier, costs $99/month.
- The Business plan is at $249/month. All features are included at a lower price than the Thinkific Premier plan which costs $399 per month.
Thinkific vs. Kajabi
Kajabi is another one of the most popular online course content platforms, trusted by over 16,000 businesses and housed with more than 60 million students. It is a platform that offers all-in-one tools and a wide range of marketing tools to help you market your content to your target audience. Its main selling point is its ability to create a brand from one platform, with numerous marketing and customization tools. Although Thinkific’s services are reasonably priced, Kajabi’s prices can be prohibitive for those who wish to take it up.
The Key Features
It’s important that we discuss the key features that make Kajabi a premium platform. Kajabi offers a complete marketing suite, unlike other LMS sites, such as Thinkific, that requires third-party integrations to marketing tools. Its e-mail marketing function lets you send promos to your subscribers without needing to integrate with external solutions.
Its sales funnel software is also an integral feature. Kajabi’s funnel blueprint templates will make it easy to reach your target audience. On top of having a webpage and landing page editor that’s more powerful, Kajabi also has blogging features for you to utilize, truly making the platform the all-in-one course creation solution as advertised.
Kajabi offers a 14-day limited trial, unlike Teachable and Thinkific which offer a free plan. It is, however, offered in three of its paid plans.
- The Basic plan starts at $119 per month
- The Growth plan is priced at $159/month – their most popular offer.
- The Pro plan is at $319/month, which is a bit more affordable than Thinkific’s version.
Thinkific vs. Podia
Numerous course content platforms have claimed to be creator-friendly, yet don’t have enough features or services to satisfy them to the fullest. Thankfully, Podia does a remarkable job in keeping that promise, making it a great and convenient place for the edupreneurs, whether they’re experts or just beginners. It’s an online course creation service that, like Kajabi, offers all-in-one solutions. Not only that, but it has a vast array of tools and features, most of which are incredibly user-friendly. What makes Podia an interesting option is that you get all of its amazing functions at rates that are a bang for your buck!
The Key Features
With Podia, not only are you allowed to sell online courses, but also digital downloads and membership content. Though Thinkific might have something similar, it is different in that the former focuses more on e-courses and the former on other topics. The platform offers unlimited uploads as well as downloads, which is a huge advantage. Unlike other LMS services, Podia has set up zero limitations in bandwidth and file space.
Podia strives to be creator-friendly so all features must reflect this. This includes easy-access and integrated e-mail marketing and analytics tools, a breezy course-making and page editing process, and an interactive dashboard where you and your students can interact without limits. Students are even allowed to leave comments on your courses. Zippy Courses Pricing Vs Thinkific
Apart from the recently added Free plan, Podia’s pricing range is arguably the most valuable among other course-making platforms and is also perfect for small-scale DIY creators.
- The Mover plan costs $39 per month.
- The Shaker plan, its best deal, is at $89/month.
- Another new addition is the Earthquaker. It costs only $199 per month.
Udemy vs. Thinkific
Udemy operates differently from how Thinkific – and essentially the three previous competitors we’ve already mentioned – usually works. Unlike other e-course platforms, Udemy emphasizes having one of the biggest online course marketplaces, used by more than 70,000 instructors and over 50 million students worldwide. Udemy is a great platform for beginners. Although it sounds great, you have virtually no control over the courses or students. Despite these obstacles, Udemy still allows budding creators like yourself to make a living selling their content.
The Key Features
One of Udemy’s greatest hits has to be its widespread marketplace platform. Because it has a low barrier to entry, students can easily access it whenever they need to find new things to learn. Another of its key selling points is the ability to host your content completely free! Despite its lack of customization options it makes course creation relatively simple thanks to its user-friendly interface and solid support.
With Udemy, you get to make a course based on any of the 100+ categories it supports, with technology- and business-related ones being the platform’s extremely popular topics. Though limited as they could ever be, you’re given four affordably-paid tiers to choose from if you wish to charge any of your courses, ranging from $19.99 at the lowest to $34.99 at the highest.
Udemy offers unlimited course creation for free. This is a huge advantage if you’re not into purchasing any of the paid plans that other LMS platforms have. But, you must be aware of the high transaction fees that may be expected once you make a sale from the platform.
The Advantages: Thinkific vs.
To bring back what we’ve talked about earlier, Thinkific is renowned for its convenient user experience and flexible customization range. This platform is likely to make it easier for instructors to explore its many features, including its App Store library of third party integrations. You also get all access to your courses and student data management. This gives you complete control over what you do. What are other advantages that each of our competitors offers over Thinkific’s? Let’s see what happens next! Zippy Courses Pricing Vs Thinkific
- It offers a wider range of features and a more user-friendly experience than Thinkific’s.
- You can also use it for marketing, sales, analytics and payment options.
- It allows you to provide a one-on-1 coaching course to your student subscribers, in addition to being able to manage VAT taxes
- As an all-in-one e-course solution, it lets you build your brand with the aid of all the tools and services you may need to do so
- Its handy yet detailed marketing and analysis tools are already built into the platform
- It has optimized features such as dripping, pipeline building, and sales funnel tools designed to boost and improve subscriber turnout and conversion rates
- Aside from the limited Free plan, all the other paid tiers are packed with enough essential high-quality features, making the deal highly valuable for the instructors
- The migration from content from other course platforms to your content is easy.
- No worries about transactions or other extra fees in your way, plus the general interface is incredibly easy to use
- You have full and free access to all the features of the platform.
- It has a huge audience of tens to millions of students. This makes it ideal if your content needs to reach a wider audience.
- It has a reliable teaching center that’s a bonus for beginner instructors, as well as a supportive community of fellow teachers
The Disadvantages: Thinkific vs.
There are plenty of things that we like about Thinkific, but there are some that we otherwise don’t appreciate much. One is that it does not offer customer support. While other LMS platforms, such as Teachable, have live chat support available, Thinkific doesn’t. However, you can use its e-mail or phone services. The list of built-in integrations with e-commerce, marketing, and analysis platforms is much less compared to the rest, while you won’t find a Thinkific mobile app for convenient access on the go (that, however, might change soon). With that in mind, what else do the other four services lack?
- Its compliance features for course completion are weaker and less stringent than Thinkific’s.
- It offers lesser payment pricing options than the other as well, despite edupreneurs having full control over everything else
- It’s much harder to sell courses in bundles or bulk
- Its priced plans are the steepest and most expensive among the other four
- There is no appearance of a free plan available either – only the 14-day free trial is offered for each of its three pricing plans
- It may cost more to access more features. This is not a good option for budget-conscious people.
- The customization options for course editing are much more limited than Thinkific’s LMS service.
- It’s also not well-designed in terms of marketing tools.
- No student certificate credential features are included in the platform
- You are unable to control your course content and your subscribers.
- Its market is extremely competitive
- They take half of your earnings from courses because they charge high transaction fees
The Bottom Line Zippy Courses Pricing Vs Thinkific
Teachable may have similar features to Thinkific, but the user interface is easier to manage. Teachable also covers aspects of course creation that Thinkific doesn’t. Zippy Courses Pricing Vs Thinkific
Kajabi may be packed with tons of premium tools, but it’s a choice that’s more appropriate for those who are willing to pay more for that. Podia, on the other hand, is a better service for solo DIY edupreneurs on a tight budget.
Udemy is an ideal starting point for newbies. There will be a time when your brand needs to be established. Unfortunately, the platform doesn’t have all the tools necessary.
Whether you’re an established business or a beginner, Thinkific has a wide range of features to cater to a variety of needs. There may be a couple of factors that may not suit others, but it’s generally manageable enough for everyone else to try.