The Internet has been a portal to an endless amount of information and content since its meteoric rise in the late 1900s. Although access was restricted back then, the Internet has become easier to use and more integrated into our daily lives. It has changed many aspects of our lives, including how we consume entertainment and how we shop for products. It has even revolutionized how we deal with education!
There are many different ways of learning and gaining knowledge in the new age. One of these is through online course content. Thinkific is a popular name when it comes to sharing courses with everyone. But did you know about the other platforms that deliver similar functions? We’ll be looking at the four online courses that are competing with Thinkific and comparing them to ours.
For those of you who prefer a more visual experience, here is a video review from Useful Website’s YouTube channel. To get a comprehensive overview of Thinkific, you may still want to check out our article below.
What is Thinkific? A Brief Overview Thinkific Vs Zippy
Before we compare Thinkific to the other four, let’s first discuss what it is, how it works and how it can help aspiring entrepreneurs like you. Thinkific, a learning management software (LMS), aims to create an engaging and optimized educational environment for both students and teachers. It has been favored among established businesses and edupreneurs, as well as the newbies. Thinkific was founded in 2010 and has been associated with many big-name companies like Samsung, Hootsuite and Intuit.
Thinkific’s main selling point is its flexibility to allow you to change everything from the way you present your courses to how you charge them. The Site Builder is one of the key features. It gives you a platform with the right amount customization tools to create a webpage for your courses. The course editor allows you to customize your curriculum according to what you are interested in, with many lesson types and templates to choose from. You also have the option to either share your courses for free or put up a membership fee for your subscribers to pay with this feature! Thinkific’s other notable features include easy integrations to the Thinkific App Store, student data management and interactions, as well as no transaction fees.
Though Thinkific offers a free plan, you can still access basic features. However, to make the most of the platform, you should try the paid plans. The Basic plan is $39/month and the Pro plan is $79, with the option to add a Growth plan. Premier allows you full access for $399.
Thinkific vs. Teachingable
Teachable is a course creation platform that has a very similar footing to Thinkific in terms of the features they offer and the popularity they have among edupreneurs everywhere. The former allows you to control what content you share, such as pricing and student information management. You can also create your own curriculum on the platform. Although both of the LMS services may be similar at face value, make no mistake – Teachable does have a couple of unique assets that make it stand out from Thinkific and other course content sites!
The Key Features
Teachable’s editing interface makes it easier than Thinkific’s. Although there are some limitations, like the lack of integrations with Storyline and Captivate, Teachable offers more options than Thinkific. You can also import content from cloud-based storage platforms like Google Drive or Dropbox. The drag-and-drop functionality is more engaging than Thinkific’s.
Teachable allows you to use stronger, more advanced marketing and analytics tools. This includes the one-step checkout page feature, which has been proven to have higher conversion rates than Thinkific’s 2-step process. Teachable also offers a mobile app for iOS, and live chat support in high priced plans. Thinkific Vs Zippy
Similar to Thinkific’s, Teachable’s four pricing plans include the Free plan that beginners may want to try out risk-free. It is however, more affordable than the others.
- The Basic plan is priced as low as $29 per month.
- The Pro plan, its recommended tier, costs $99/month.
- The Business plan is at $249/month. You get all of the features at a much lower price compared to Thinkific’s $399/month Premier plan.
Kajabi vs. Thinkific
Kajabi, another popular online course platform, is trusted by more than 16,000 businesses and has over 60 million students. It is a platform that offers all-in-one tools and a wide range of marketing tools to help you market your content to your target audience. One of its selling points is the ability to build an entire brand on one platform with a plethora of marketing and customization tools. But, while Thinkific offers its services at reasonable rates, Kajabi’s pricing range is twice as high, which may impede those who want to try it.
The Key Features
It’s important that we discuss the key features that make Kajabi a premium platform. Unlike other LMS sites that require third-party integrations with marketing tools, including Thinkific, Kajabi has a whole marketing suite built into its system. Its e-mail marketing function lets you send promos to your subscribers without needing to integrate with external solutions.
Its sales funnel software is also an integral feature. You wouldn’t have to overcomplicate yourself, as Kajabi makes things easier with funnel blueprint templates optimized to rake in your target audience. Kajabi offers more than just a website and landing page editor. It also provides blogging capabilities that make it the perfect platform for creating courses.
Kajabi offers a 14-day limited trial, unlike Teachable and Thinkific which offer a free plan. It is, however, offered in three of its paid plans.
- The Basic plan starts at $119 per month
- The Growth plan is priced at $159/month – their most popular offer.
- The Pro plan costs $319 per month, which is slightly less than Thinkific’s.
Podia vs. Thinkific
Numerous course content platforms have claimed to be creator-friendly, yet don’t have enough features or services to satisfy them to the fullest. Thankfully, Podia does a remarkable job in keeping that promise, making it a great and convenient place for the edupreneurs, whether they’re experts or just beginners. Like Kajabi, it offers all-in one solutions through its online course creation platform. Not only that, but it has a vast array of tools and features, most of which are incredibly user-friendly. What makes Podia an interesting option is that you get all of its amazing functions at rates that are a bang for your buck!
The Key Features
You can sell online courses with Podia. However, you are also allowed to digitally download and offer membership content. Though Thinkific might have something similar, it is different in that the former focuses more on e-courses and the former on other topics. A huge advantage that the platform has above the rest is the ability to have unlimited uploads and downloads. Unlike other LMS services, Podia has set up zero limitations in bandwidth and file space.
Podia strives to be creator-friendly so all features must reflect this. This includes easy-access and integrated e-mail marketing and analytics tools, a breezy course-making and page editing process, and an interactive dashboard where you and your students can interact without limits. Students are even allowed to leave comments on your courses. Thinkific Vs Zippy
Apart from the recently added Free plan, Podia’s pricing range is arguably the most valuable among other course-making platforms and is also perfect for small-scale DIY creators.
- The Mover plan costs $39 per month.
- The Shaker plan, its best deal, is at $89/month.
- The Earthquaker, another new addition, is priced at only $199/month.
Thinkific vs. Udemy
Udemy operates differently from how Thinkific – and essentially the three previous competitors we’ve already mentioned – usually works. Udemy is different from other e-course platforms. It boasts one of the largest online course marketplaces with over 70,000 instructors and 50 million students. Udemy is a great platform for beginners. Although it sounds great, you have virtually no control over the courses or students. Despite the hurdles, Udemy still allows burgeoning creators like you to get paid and make a living from selling your content!
The Key Features
One of Udemy’s greatest hits has to be its widespread marketplace platform. Because it has a low barrier to entry, students can easily access it whenever they need to find new things to learn. Another of its key selling points is the ability to host your content completely free! Despite its lack of customization options it makes course creation relatively simple thanks to its user-friendly interface and solid support.
Udemy allows you to create a course on any of its 100+ topics. Technology- and business-related courses are the most popular. Though limited as they could ever be, you’re given four affordably-paid tiers to choose from if you wish to charge any of your courses, ranging from $19.99 at the lowest to $34.99 at the highest.
It’s worth mentioning again that Udemy allows you to create unlimited course content for free. This is a huge advantage if you’re not into purchasing any of the paid plans that other LMS platforms have. However, once you have made a sale on the platform, be aware of the transaction fees.
The Advantages: Thinkific vs.
To bring back what we’ve talked about earlier, Thinkific is renowned for its convenient user experience and flexible customization range. This platform is likely to make it easier for instructors to explore its many features, including its App Store library of third party integrations. Additionally, you get an all-access pass to your courses and student data management, ultimately giving you full control to do as you please. What are other advantages that each of our competitors offers over Thinkific’s? Let’s find out very shortly! Thinkific Vs Zippy
- It offers a wider range of features and a more user-friendly experience than Thinkific’s.
- It has additional, more advanced tools to offer in terms of sales, marketing, analytics, and even payment options
- It allows you to provide a one-on-1 coaching course to your student subscribers, in addition to being able to manage VAT taxes
- It is an all-in one e-course that allows you to build your brand using all the tools and services available.
- Its handy yet detailed marketing and analysis tools are already built into the platform
- It has optimized features such as dripping, pipeline building, and sales funnel tools designed to boost and improve subscriber turnout and conversion rates
- The deal is highly value for instructors because it includes the Free plan and all other paid tiers.
- The migration from content from other course platforms to your content is easy.
- No worries about transactions or other extra fees in your way, plus the general interface is incredibly easy to use
- It lets you have free and full access to all of the platform’s features
- It has a huge audience of tens to millions of students. This makes it ideal if your content needs to reach a wider audience.
- It has a reliable teaching center that’s a bonus for beginner instructors, as well as a supportive community of fellow teachers
The Disadvantages: Thinkific vs.
There are plenty of things that we like about Thinkific, but there are some that we otherwise don’t appreciate much. One is that it does not offer customer support. While other LMS platforms, such as Teachable, have live chat support available, Thinkific doesn’t. However, you can use its e-mail or phone services. The list of built-in integrations with e-commerce, marketing, and analysis platforms is much less compared to the rest, while you won’t find a Thinkific mobile app for convenient access on the go (that, however, might change soon). With that in mind, what else do the other four services lack?
- Its course compliance features are less strict and weaker than Thinkific’s
- It offers lesser payment pricing options than the other as well, despite edupreneurs having full control over everything else
- Selling courses in bulk or bundles is much more difficult.
- It is the most expensive and highest priced plan of the four.
- It is not possible to get a free plan. The 14-day trial is available for all three pricing plans.
- Speaking of steep prices, it may be more expensive to acquire access to more of its features, making it not ideal for the budget-conscious
- The customization options for course editing are much more limited than Thinkific’s LMS service.
- Its marketing tools are also limited in the sense that it’s not complex enough
- The platform does not include student credential features such as student certificates.
- You have nearly nonexistent control over your course content, and you won’t have full access to managing your subscriber students either
- Its market is extremely competitive
- Its transaction fees are so high they take half your earnings from your courses
The bottom line Thinkific Vs Zippy
Although Teachable has similar features to Thinkific’s, the interface is simpler to use. In addition, Teachable covers certain aspects of course creation that Thinkific does not have. Thinkific Vs Zippy
Kajabi is packed with premium tools but it’s an option that’s better suited for people who are willing and able to spend more. Podia is an alternative service that’s better for DIY entrepreneurs on a budget.
Udemy is a great place to start for beginners. However, there will come a time when you may need to establish your brand. The platform, unfortunately, does not have nearly all the tools for it.
Whether you’re an established business or a beginner, Thinkific has a wide range of features to cater to a variety of needs. While some factors may not be suitable for others, it is generally manageable enough to allow everyone to try.