Over the years since its meteoric rise during the late 1900s, the Internet has broken ground as a gateway to a vast world of information and content. Although access was restricted back then, the Internet has become easier to use and more integrated into our daily lives. It has changed many aspects of our lives, including how we consume entertainment and how we shop for products. It has even revolutionized how we deal with education!
There are many different ways of learning and gaining knowledge in the new age. One of these is through online course content. When it comes to handling courses shared by and for everyone, Thinkific may be one of the first names to pop up. But did you know about the other platforms that deliver similar functions? In this article, we’ll take a look at our four online course competitors and see how much each holds up to Thinkific’s standards!
For those of you who prefer a more visual experience, here is a video review from Useful Website’s YouTube channel. Do check out our article below, however, because it has a comprehensive overview of Thinkific.
What is Thinkific? A Brief Overview Thinkific Vs Between Subjects
Before we compare Thinkific to the other four, let’s first discuss what it is, how it works and how it can help aspiring entrepreneurs like you. Thinkific, a learning management software (LMS), aims to create an engaging and optimized educational environment for both students and teachers. It is a popular choice for both established businesses and new entrepreneurs. Since its establishment in the 2010s, Thinkific has been associated with big-name companies such as Samsung, Hootsuite, Intuit, and many more.
One of Thinkific’s selling points is the ability to customize flexibly from how you wish to present your courses to how much you want to charge them. The Site Builder is one of the key features. It gives you a platform with the right amount customization tools to create a webpage for your courses. Another is the course editor where you get to create your curriculum according to whatever you specialize in with a wide range of templates and lesson types to choose from. You also have the option to either share your courses for free or put up a membership fee for your subscribers to pay with this feature! Thinkific’s other notable features include easy integrations to the Thinkific App Store, student data management and interactions, as well as no transaction fees.
It’s worth noting that Thinkific has a Free plan that lets you gain access to basic features, but to get the most out of the platform, it’s recommended that you try any of the paid plans, such as the Basic plan with the price as low as $39/month, the Pro plan at $79 with the option of a Growth add-on, and the Premier, which lets you have full access to everything at $399.
Thinkific vs. Teachingable
Teachable is a course creation platform that has a very similar footing to Thinkific in terms of the features they offer and the popularity they have among edupreneurs everywhere. Just like the latter, the former lets you have full control of what you wish to share in your content such as pricing and student data management. It also lets you have a platform where you can create your curriculum to your heart’s content. While the LMS services are similar in appearance, Teachable has a few unique assets that set it apart from Thinkific and other course content websites.
The Key Features
Teachable’s editing interface makes it easier than Thinkific’s. While there may be a few limits, such as the absence of integrations with Captivate and Storyline, Teachable has much more options to explore as you may import content through cloud-based data storage platforms such as Google Drive and Dropbox. The drag-and-drop functionality is more engaging than Thinkific’s.
Teachable allows you to use stronger, more advanced marketing and analytics tools. This includes the one-step checkout page feature, which has been proven to have higher conversion rates than Thinkific’s 2-step process. The addition of a dedicated mobile app for iOS and live chat support in high-priced plans are among Teachable’s other notable features. Thinkific Vs Between Subjects
Teachable offers four pricing plans, similar to Thinkific’s. The Free plan is for beginners and allows them to test it risk-free. However, what makes it different from the other is the generally lower price range.
- The Basic plan costs only $29 per month.
- The Pro plan, its recommended tier, costs $99/month.
- The Business plan costs $249 per month. All features are included at a lower price than the Thinkific Premier plan which costs $399 per month.
Kajabi vs. Thinkific
Kajabi, another popular online course platform, is trusted by more than 16,000 businesses and has over 60 million students. It’s branded as an all-in-one platform with a vast range of tools to create and market your content to your target audience. One of its selling points is the ability to build an entire brand on one platform with a plethora of marketing and customization tools. But, while Thinkific offers its services at reasonable rates, Kajabi’s pricing range is twice as high, which may impede those who want to try it.
The Key Features
It’s important that we discuss the key features that make Kajabi a premium platform. Kajabi offers a complete marketing suite, unlike other LMS sites, such as Thinkific, that requires third-party integrations to marketing tools. You can send promotional emails to your subscribers using the e-mail marketing function.
The sales funnel software is an important feature. Kajabi’s funnel blueprint templates will make it easy to reach your target audience. On top of having a webpage and landing page editor that’s more powerful, Kajabi also has blogging features for you to utilize, truly making the platform the all-in-one course creation solution as advertised.
Unlike in both Thinkific and Teachable where the option for a Free plan is available, Kajabi only has a limited trial that lasts for 14 days. However, it is available in three of its paid plans.
- The Basic plan begins at $119 a month.
- The Growth plan is priced at $159/month – their most popular offer.
- The Pro plan is at $319/month, which is a bit more affordable than Thinkific’s version.
Thinkific vs. Podia
Many course content platforms claim to be creator-friendly but don’t offer enough features and services to meet their needs. Thankfully, Podia does a remarkable job in keeping that promise, making it a great and convenient place for the edupreneurs, whether they’re experts or just beginners. It’s an online course creation service that, like Kajabi, offers all-in-one solutions. Not only that, but it has a vast array of tools and features, most of which are incredibly user-friendly. What makes Podia an interesting option is that you get all of its amazing functions at rates that are a bang for your buck!
The Key Features
You can sell online courses with Podia. However, you are also allowed to digitally download and offer membership content. Thinkific may have a feature that’s similar to this, but the difference is that, while the latter is more focused on e-courses, the former concentrates on more than that. A huge advantage that the platform has above the rest is the ability to have unlimited uploads and downloads. Unlike other LMS services, Podia has set up zero limitations in bandwidth and file space.
As Podia aims to be creator-friendly, most of the features have to be reflective of this statement. This includes easy-access and integrated e-mail marketing and analytics tools, a breezy course-making and page editing process, and an interactive dashboard where you and your students can interact without limits. Students are even allowed to leave comments on your courses. Thinkific Vs Between Subjects
Podia’s pricing range, aside from the newly added Free plan is undoubtedly the most valuable of all course-making platforms. It is also ideal for small-scale DIY entrepreneurs.
- The Mover plan costs $39 per month.
- The Shaker plan is the best deal and costs $89 per month.
- Another new addition is the Earthquaker. It costs only $199 per month.
Thinkific vs. Udemy
Udemy operates differently from how Thinkific – and essentially the three previous competitors we’ve already mentioned – usually works. Udemy is different from other e-course platforms. It boasts one of the largest online course marketplaces with over 70,000 instructors and 50 million students. Udemy is a great platform for beginners. While it sounds ideal, it does, however, come at a cost: there’s virtually no control over your courses and your students. Despite these obstacles, Udemy still allows budding creators like yourself to make a living selling their content.
The Key Features
Udemy’s most popular feature is its extensive marketplace platform. It’s easily accessed not just by students whenever they want to find something new to learn, but also by instructors from all walks of life due to its low-barrier entry. Another of its key selling points is the ability to host your content completely free! Despite the severe lack of customization options, course creation has been made relatively easy thanks to its manageable interface and solid support system.
Udemy allows you to create a course on any of its 100+ topics. Technology- and business-related courses are the most popular. Though limited as they could ever be, you’re given four affordably-paid tiers to choose from if you wish to charge any of your courses, ranging from $19.99 at the lowest to $34.99 at the highest.
Udemy offers unlimited course creation for free. If you don’t want to pay for any paid plans on other LMS platforms, this is a great advantage. However, once you have made a sale on the platform, be aware of the transaction fees.
The Advantages: Thinkific vs.
Thinkific’s user-friendly interface and wide customization options are what we talked about previously. This platform is likely to make it easier for instructors to explore its many features, including its App Store library of third party integrations. Additionally, you get an all-access pass to your courses and student data management, ultimately giving you full control to do as you please. What are other advantages that each of our competitors offers over Thinkific’s? Let’s find out very shortly! Thinkific Vs Between Subjects
- It offers a wider range of features and a more user-friendly experience than Thinkific’s.
- You can also use it for marketing, sales, analytics and payment options.
- Aside from being able to handle VAT taxes, it allows you to offer a one-on-one coaching course to your student subscribers
- It is an all-in one e-course that allows you to build your brand using all the tools and services available.
- Its handy yet detailed marketing and analysis tools are already built into the platform
- It has optimized features such as dripping, pipeline building, and sales funnel tools designed to boost and improve subscriber turnout and conversion rates
- Aside from the limited Free plan, all the other paid tiers are packed with enough essential high-quality features, making the deal highly valuable for the instructors
- The migration from content from other course platforms to your content is easy.
- No worries about transactions or other extra fees in your way, plus the general interface is incredibly easy to use
- It lets you have free and full access to all of the platform’s features
- It has a huge audience of tens to millions of students. This makes it ideal if your content needs to reach a wider audience.
- It has a reliable teaching center that’s a bonus for beginner instructors, as well as a supportive community of fellow teachers
The Disadvantages: Thinkific vs.
While there are many things we love about Thinkific, there are also some that we don’t like. For one, it lacks customer support options – while other LMS platforms like Teachable have live chat support, Thinkific has none, though you may avail of its e-mail and phone services. Although there are more integrations than the rest, Thinkific doesn’t have a mobile app that allows for quick access to its services on the move. However, this may change in the future. What other services are missing from the four other services?
- Its compliance features for course completion are weaker and less stringent than Thinkific’s.
- It offers lesser payment pricing options than the other as well, despite edupreneurs having full control over everything else
- Selling courses in bulk or bundles is much more difficult.
- It is the most expensive and highest priced plan of the four.
- It is not possible to get a free plan. The 14-day trial is available for all three pricing plans.
- It may cost more to access more features. This is not a good option for budget-conscious people.
- Its customization options are quite limited when it comes to course editing compared to Thinkific’s and other LMS services
- Its marketing tools are also limited in the sense that it’s not complex enough
- No student certificate credential features are included in the platform
- You have nearly nonexistent control over your course content, and you won’t have full access to managing your subscriber students either
- Its market is extremely competitive
- Its transaction fees are so high they take half your earnings from your courses
The bottom line Thinkific Vs Between Subjects
Although Teachable has similar features to Thinkific’s, the interface is simpler to use. In addition, Teachable covers certain aspects of course creation that Thinkific does not have. Thinkific Vs Between Subjects
Kajabi may be packed with tons of premium tools, but it’s a choice that’s more appropriate for those who are willing to pay more for that. Podia is an alternative service that’s better for DIY entrepreneurs on a budget.
Udemy is an ideal starting point for newbies. However, there will come a time when you may need to establish your brand. The platform, unfortunately, does not have nearly all the tools for it.
Whether you’re an established business or a beginner, Thinkific has a wide range of features to cater to a variety of needs. There may be a couple of factors that may not suit others, but it’s generally manageable enough for everyone else to try.