Over the years since its meteoric rise during the late 1900s, the Internet has broken ground as a gateway to a vast world of information and content. While access to it was limited back then, it has become more approachable and integrated into our ways of living. It has changed many aspects of our lives, including how we consume entertainment and how we shop for products. It has even revolutionized how we deal with education!
There are many different ways of learning and gaining knowledge in the new age. One of these is through online course content. Thinkific is a popular name when it comes to sharing courses with everyone. Did you know that there are other online platforms that offer similar functions? We’ll be looking at the four online courses that are competing with Thinkific and comparing them to ours.
For those of you who prefer a more visual experience, here is a video review from Useful Website’s YouTube channel. Do check out our article below, however, because it has a comprehensive overview of Thinkific.
What is Thinkific? A Brief Overview Thinkific Vs Without Contrast
Before we compare Thinkific to the other four, let’s first discuss what it is, how it works and how it can help aspiring entrepreneurs like you. Thinkific, a learning management software (LMS), aims to create an engaging and optimized educational environment for both students and teachers. It is a popular choice for both established businesses and new entrepreneurs. Thinkific was founded in 2010 and has been associated with many big-name companies like Samsung, Hootsuite and Intuit.
Thinkific’s main selling point is its flexibility to allow you to change everything from the way you present your courses to how you charge them. Some of its key features include the Site Builder where you’re given a platform and the right amount of customization tools to build a dedicated webpage for your courses. The course editor allows you to customize your curriculum according to what you are interested in, with many lesson types and templates to choose from. This feature allows you to share your courses free of charge or charge a fee to your subscribers. Thinkific’s other notable features include easy integrations to the Thinkific App Store, student data management and interactions, as well as no transaction fees.
Though Thinkific offers a free plan, you can still access basic features. However, to make the most of the platform, you should try the paid plans. The Basic plan is $39/month and the Pro plan is $79, with the option to add a Growth plan. Premier allows you full access for $399.
Thinkific vs. Teachable
Teachable is a course creation platform that has a very similar footing to Thinkific in terms of the features they offer and the popularity they have among edupreneurs everywhere. The former allows you to control what content you share, such as pricing and student information management. It also lets you have a platform where you can create your curriculum to your heart’s content. While the LMS services are similar in appearance, Teachable has a few unique assets that set it apart from Thinkific and other course content websites.
The Key Features
Teachable’s editing interface makes it easier than Thinkific’s. Although there are some limitations, like the lack of integrations with Storyline and Captivate, Teachable offers more options than Thinkific. You can also import content from cloud-based storage platforms like Google Drive or Dropbox. Its drag-and-drop feature is noticeably more engaging than Thinkific’s version.
Teachable also lets you use their stronger, more enhanced marketing and analytics tools, including the one-step checkout page feature which has proven to have better conversion rates than Thinkific’s 2-step process. Teachable also offers a mobile app for iOS, and live chat support in high priced plans. Thinkific Vs Without Contrast
Similar to Thinkific’s, Teachable’s four pricing plans include the Free plan that beginners may want to try out risk-free. It is however, more affordable than the others.
- The Basic plan costs only $29 per month.
- The Pro plan is the recommended tier and costs $99/month.
- The Business plan is at $249/month. You get all of the features at a much lower price compared to Thinkific’s $399/month Premier plan.
Thinkific vs. Kajabi
Kajabi, another popular online course platform, is trusted by more than 16,000 businesses and has over 60 million students. It’s branded as an all-in-one platform with a vast range of tools to create and market your content to your target audience. Its main selling point is its ability to create a brand from one platform, with numerous marketing and customization tools. Although Thinkific’s services are reasonably priced, Kajabi’s prices can be prohibitive for those who wish to take it up.
The Key Features
It’s important that we discuss the key features that make Kajabi a premium platform. Kajabi offers a complete marketing suite, unlike other LMS sites, such as Thinkific, that requires third-party integrations to marketing tools. You can send promotional emails to your subscribers using the e-mail marketing function.
Its sales funnel software is also an integral feature. Kajabi’s funnel blueprint templates will make it easy to reach your target audience. Kajabi offers more than just a website and landing page editor. It also provides blogging capabilities that make it the perfect platform for creating courses.
Unlike in both Thinkific and Teachable where the option for a Free plan is available, Kajabi only has a limited trial that lasts for 14 days. However, it is available in three of its paid plans.
- The Basic plan starts at $119 per month
- The most popular offer is the Growth plan, which costs $159 per month.
- The Pro plan is at $319/month, which is a bit more affordable than Thinkific’s version.
Thinkific vs. Podia
Many course content platforms claim to be creator-friendly but don’t offer enough features and services to meet their needs. Thankfully, Podia does a remarkable job in keeping that promise, making it a great and convenient place for the edupreneurs, whether they’re experts or just beginners. Like Kajabi, it offers all-in one solutions through its online course creation platform. Not only that, but it has a vast array of tools and features, most of which are incredibly user-friendly. Podia is a great option because you get all its incredible functions for a very affordable price.
The Key Features
You can sell online courses with Podia. However, you are also allowed to digitally download and offer membership content. Though Thinkific might have something similar, it is different in that the former focuses more on e-courses and the former on other topics. A huge advantage that the platform has above the rest is the ability to have unlimited uploads and downloads. Unlike other LMS services, Podia has set up zero limitations in bandwidth and file space.
As Podia aims to be creator-friendly, most of the features have to be reflective of this statement. This includes easy-access and integrated e-mail marketing and analytics tools, a breezy course-making and page editing process, and an interactive dashboard where you and your students can interact without limits. Your courses allow students to comment. Thinkific Vs Without Contrast
Apart from the recently added Free plan, Podia’s pricing range is arguably the most valuable among other course-making platforms and is also perfect for small-scale DIY creators.
- The Mover plan costs $39 per month.
- The Shaker plan, its best deal, is at $89/month.
- The Earthquaker, another new addition, is priced at only $199/month.
Udemy vs. Thinkific
Udemy works differently to Thinkific and the other three competitors we have already mentioned. Udemy is different from other e-course platforms. It boasts one of the largest online course marketplaces with over 70,000 instructors and 50 million students. Udemy has been known as a great launching pad for beginners. Although it sounds great, you have virtually no control over the courses or students. Despite these obstacles, Udemy still allows budding creators like yourself to make a living selling their content.
The Key Features
One of Udemy’s greatest hits has to be its widespread marketplace platform. It’s easily accessed not just by students whenever they want to find something new to learn, but also by instructors from all walks of life due to its low-barrier entry. Another of its key selling points is the ability to host your content completely free! Despite its lack of customization options it makes course creation relatively simple thanks to its user-friendly interface and solid support.
Udemy allows you to create a course on any of its 100+ topics. Technology- and business-related courses are the most popular. Although the tiers are not as extensive as you might like, there are four tiers that you can choose from to charge your courses. They range from $19.99 to $34.99 to the highest.
It’s worth mentioning again that Udemy allows you to create unlimited course content for free. If you don’t want to pay for any paid plans on other LMS platforms, this is a great advantage. But, you must be aware of the high transaction fees that may be expected once you make a sale from the platform.
The Advantages of Thinkific vs.
Thinkific’s user-friendly interface and wide customization options are what we talked about previously. This platform is likely to make it easier for instructors to explore its many features, including its App Store library of third party integrations. Additionally, you get an all-access pass to your courses and student data management, ultimately giving you full control to do as you please. What are other advantages that each of our competitors offers over Thinkific’s? Let’s find out very shortly! Thinkific Vs Without Contrast
- It offers a wider range of features and a more user-friendly experience than Thinkific’s.
- You can also use it for marketing, sales, analytics and payment options.
- Aside from being able to handle VAT taxes, it allows you to offer a one-on-one coaching course to your student subscribers
- It is an all-in one e-course that allows you to build your brand using all the tools and services available.
- The platform already includes a number of useful marketing and analysis tools.
- It has optimized features such as dripping, pipeline building, and sales funnel tools designed to boost and improve subscriber turnout and conversion rates
- The deal is highly value for instructors because it includes the Free plan and all other paid tiers.
- The migration from content from other course platforms to your content is easy.
- There are no additional fees or transactions to worry about. The interface is extremely easy to use.
- You have full and free access to all the features of the platform.
- It has a huge audience of tens to millions of students. This makes it ideal if your content needs to reach a wider audience.
- It offers a trusted teaching center, which is a benefit for beginning instructors, and a supportive community of other teachers.
The Advantages: Thinkific vs.
There are plenty of things that we like about Thinkific, but there are some that we otherwise don’t appreciate much. For one, it lacks customer support options – while other LMS platforms like Teachable have live chat support, Thinkific has none, though you may avail of its e-mail and phone services. The list of built-in integrations with e-commerce, marketing, and analysis platforms is much less compared to the rest, while you won’t find a Thinkific mobile app for convenient access on the go (that, however, might change soon). What other services are missing from the four other services?
- Its course compliance features are less strict and weaker than Thinkific’s
- It has lower payment options than the other, even though edupreneurs have full control over all aspects of the business
- Selling courses in bulk or bundles is much more difficult.
- Its priced plans are the steepest and most expensive among the other four
- There is no appearance of a free plan available either – only the 14-day free trial is offered for each of its three pricing plans
- Speaking of steep prices, it may be more expensive to acquire access to more of its features, making it not ideal for the budget-conscious
- The customization options for course editing are much more limited than Thinkific’s LMS service.
- It’s also not well-designed in terms of marketing tools.
- No student certificate credential features are included in the platform
- You are unable to control your course content and your subscribers.
- Its marketplace is highly competitive
- Its transaction fees are so high they take half your earnings from your courses
The bottom line Thinkific Vs Without Contrast
Although Teachable has similar features to Thinkific’s, the interface is simpler to use. Teachable also covers aspects of course creation that Thinkific doesn’t. Thinkific Vs Without Contrast
Kajabi is packed with premium tools but it’s an option that’s better suited for people who are willing and able to spend more. Podia is an alternative service that’s better for DIY entrepreneurs on a budget.
Udemy is a great place to start for beginners. There will be a time when your brand needs to be established. Unfortunately, the platform doesn’t have all the tools necessary.
Whether you’re an established business or a beginner, Thinkific has a wide range of features to cater to a variety of needs. There may be a couple of factors that may not suit others, but it’s generally manageable enough for everyone else to try.