The Internet has been a portal to an endless amount of information and content since its meteoric rise in the late 1900s. Although access was restricted back then, the Internet has become easier to use and more integrated into our daily lives. It has changed many aspects of our lives, including how we consume entertainment and how we shop for products. It has revolutionized education.
There are many ways to learn and gain knowledge in this new age. Online courses are one of the most popular ways to learn. Thinkific is a popular name when it comes to sharing courses with everyone. Did you know that there are other online platforms that offer similar functions? We’ll be looking at the four online courses that are competing with Thinkific and comparing them to ours.
For those of you who prefer a more visual experience, here is a video review from Useful Website’s YouTube channel. To get a comprehensive overview of Thinkific, you may still want to check out our article below.
What is Thinkific? A Short Overview Thinkific Vs Top Of Course
Before we go ahead and compare Thinkific with the other four, we must talk first about what the latter is, how it works, and how it can benefit aspiring edupreneurs like you. Thinkific, a learning management software (LMS), aims to create an engaging and optimized educational environment for both students and teachers. It has been favored among established businesses and edupreneurs, as well as the newbies. Since its establishment in the 2010s, Thinkific has been associated with big-name companies such as Samsung, Hootsuite, Intuit, and many more.
One of Thinkific’s selling points is the ability to customize flexibly from how you wish to present your courses to how much you want to charge them. Some of its key features include the Site Builder where you’re given a platform and the right amount of customization tools to build a dedicated webpage for your courses. Another is the course editor where you get to create your curriculum according to whatever you specialize in with a wide range of templates and lesson types to choose from. This feature allows you to share your courses free of charge or charge a fee to your subscribers. Other notable parts of Thinkific are easy integrations with the built-in Thinkific App Store, easy-use student data management and interactions, and no high transaction fees!
Though Thinkific offers a free plan, you can still access basic features. However, to make the most of the platform, you should try the paid plans. The Basic plan is $39/month and the Pro plan is $79, with the option to add a Growth plan. Premier allows you full access for $399.
Thinkific vs. Teachable
Teachable, a course creation platform, is very similar to Thinkific in terms both of their features and their popularity among edupreneurs. The former allows you to control what content you share, such as pricing and student information management. It also lets you have a platform where you can create your curriculum to your heart’s content. Although both of the LMS services may be similar at face value, make no mistake – Teachable does have a couple of unique assets that make it stand out from Thinkific and other course content sites!
The Key Features
Teachable’s editing interface is easier to use than Thinkific’s. Although there are some limitations, like the lack of integrations with Storyline and Captivate, Teachable offers more options than Thinkific. You can also import content from cloud-based storage platforms like Google Drive or Dropbox. The drag-and-drop functionality is more engaging than Thinkific’s.
Teachable also lets you use their stronger, more enhanced marketing and analytics tools, including the one-step checkout page feature which has proven to have better conversion rates than Thinkific’s 2-step process. Teachable also offers a mobile app for iOS, and live chat support in high priced plans. Thinkific Vs Top Of Course
Teachable offers four pricing plans, similar to Thinkific’s. The Free plan is for beginners and allows them to test it risk-free. However, what makes it different from the other is the generally lower price range.
- The Basic plan costs only $29 per month.
- The Pro plan, its recommended tier, costs $99/month.
- The Business plan costs $249 per month. You get all of the features at a much lower price compared to Thinkific’s $399/month Premier plan.
Thinkific vs. Kajabi
Kajabi is another one of the most popular online course content platforms, trusted by over 16,000 businesses and housed with more than 60 million students. It’s branded as an all-in-one platform with a vast range of tools to create and market your content to your target audience. Its main selling point is its ability to create a brand from one platform, with numerous marketing and customization tools. Although Thinkific’s services are reasonably priced, Kajabi’s prices can be prohibitive for those who wish to take it up.
The Key Features
To find out why Kajabi is priced much higher, it’s important to talk about some of the main features that make this platform a premium choice. Unlike other LMS sites that require third-party integrations with marketing tools, including Thinkific, Kajabi has a whole marketing suite built into its system. You can send promotional emails to your subscribers using the e-mail marketing function.
The sales funnel software is an important feature. You wouldn’t have to overcomplicate yourself, as Kajabi makes things easier with funnel blueprint templates optimized to rake in your target audience. Kajabi offers more than just a website and landing page editor. It also provides blogging capabilities that make it the perfect platform for creating courses.
Unlike in both Thinkific and Teachable where the option for a Free plan is available, Kajabi only has a limited trial that lasts for 14 days. However, it is available in three of its paid plans.
- The Basic plan starts at $119 per month
- The Growth plan is priced at $159/month – their most popular offer.
- The Pro plan is at $319/month, which is a bit more affordable than Thinkific’s version.
Podia vs. Thinkific
Numerous course content platforms have claimed to be creator-friendly, yet don’t have enough features or services to satisfy them to the fullest. Podia delivers on that promise and is a great place to start a business, no matter how experienced or novice. Like Kajabi, it offers all-in one solutions through its online course creation platform. Not only that, but it has a vast array of tools and features, most of which are incredibly user-friendly. What makes Podia an interesting option is that you get all of its amazing functions at rates that are a bang for your buck!
The Key Features
With Podia, not only are you allowed to sell online courses, but also digital downloads and membership content. Thinkific may have a feature that’s similar to this, but the difference is that, while the latter is more focused on e-courses, the former concentrates on more than that. A huge advantage that the platform has above the rest is the ability to have unlimited uploads and downloads. Unlike other LMS services, Podia has set up zero limitations in bandwidth and file space.
Podia strives to be creator-friendly so all features must reflect this. These include easy-to-use and integrated email marketing and analytics tools as well as a simple course-making and page editing process. There is also an interactive dashboard that allows you and your students to interact freely. Your courses allow students to comment. Thinkific Vs Top Of Course
Apart from the recently added Free plan, Podia’s pricing range is arguably the most valuable among other course-making platforms and is also perfect for small-scale DIY creators.
- The Mover plan is $39 per Month.
- The Shaker plan, its best deal, is at $89/month.
- Another new addition is the Earthquaker. It costs only $199 per month.
Udemy vs. Thinkific
Udemy operates differently from how Thinkific – and essentially the three previous competitors we’ve already mentioned – usually works. Udemy is different from other e-course platforms. It boasts one of the largest online course marketplaces with over 70,000 instructors and 50 million students. Udemy has been known as a great launching pad for beginners. While it sounds ideal, it does, however, come at a cost: there’s virtually no control over your courses and your students. Despite the hurdles, Udemy still allows burgeoning creators like you to get paid and make a living from selling your content!
The Key Features
Udemy’s most popular feature is its extensive marketplace platform. Because it has a low barrier to entry, students can easily access it whenever they need to find new things to learn. It also allows you to completely free-host your content! Despite its lack of customization options it makes course creation relatively simple thanks to its user-friendly interface and solid support.
With Udemy, you get to make a course based on any of the 100+ categories it supports, with technology- and business-related ones being the platform’s extremely popular topics. Although the tiers are not as extensive as you might like, there are four tiers that you can choose from to charge your courses. They range from $19.99 to $34.99 to the highest.
Udemy offers unlimited course creation for free. This is a huge advantage if you’re not into purchasing any of the paid plans that other LMS platforms have. However, once you have made a sale on the platform, be aware of the transaction fees.
The Advantages of Thinkific vs.
To bring back what we’ve talked about earlier, Thinkific is renowned for its convenient user experience and flexible customization range. Instructors using this platform may find themselves having a relatively easier time exploring most of its aspects, the most notable of which being its App Store library of third-party integrations. You also get all access to your courses and student data management. This gives you complete control over what you do. What are other advantages that each of our competitors offers over Thinkific’s? Let’s find out very shortly! Thinkific Vs Top Of Course
- It offers a wider range of features and a more user-friendly experience than Thinkific’s.
- It has additional, more advanced tools to offer in terms of sales, marketing, analytics, and even payment options
- Aside from being able to handle VAT taxes, it allows you to offer a one-on-one coaching course to your student subscribers
- It is an all-in one e-course that allows you to build your brand using all the tools and services available.
- The platform already includes a number of useful marketing and analysis tools.
- It optimizes features like dripping, pipeline construction, and sales funnel tools to increase subscriber turnout, conversion rates, and boost and improve subscribers’ turnout.
- Aside from the limited Free plan, all the other paid tiers are packed with enough essential high-quality features, making the deal highly valuable for the instructors
- Its migration process from your content from previous course platforms is hassle-free
- There are no additional fees or transactions to worry about. The interface is extremely easy to use.
- You have full and free access to all the features of the platform.
- It has a huge audience of tens to millions of students. This makes it ideal if your content needs to reach a wider audience.
- It has a reliable teaching center that’s a bonus for beginner instructors, as well as a supportive community of fellow teachers
The Advantages: Thinkific vs.
There are plenty of things that we like about Thinkific, but there are some that we otherwise don’t appreciate much. One is that it does not offer customer support. While other LMS platforms, such as Teachable, have live chat support available, Thinkific doesn’t. However, you can use its e-mail or phone services. Although there are more integrations than the rest, Thinkific doesn’t have a mobile app that allows for quick access to its services on the move. However, this may change in the future. With that in mind, what else do the other four services lack?
- Its compliance features for course completion are weaker and less stringent than Thinkific’s.
- It has lower payment options than the other, even though edupreneurs have full control over all aspects of the business
- It’s much harder to sell courses in bundles or bulk
- Its priced plans are the steepest and most expensive among the other four
- It is not possible to get a free plan. The 14-day trial is available for all three pricing plans.
- It may cost more to access more features. This is not a good option for budget-conscious people.
- The customization options for course editing are much more limited than Thinkific’s LMS service.
- Its marketing tools are also limited in the sense that it’s not complex enough
- The platform does not include student credential features such as student certificates.
- You are unable to control your course content and your subscribers.
- Its marketplace is highly competitive
- They take half of your earnings from courses because they charge high transaction fees
The Bottom Line Thinkific Vs Top Of Course
Although Teachable has similar features to Thinkific’s, the interface is simpler to use. In addition, Teachable covers certain aspects of course creation that Thinkific does not have. Thinkific Vs Top Of Course
Kajabi may be packed with tons of premium tools, but it’s a choice that’s more appropriate for those who are willing to pay more for that. Podia, on the other hand, is a better service for solo DIY edupreneurs on a tight budget.
Udemy is a great place to start for beginners. There will be a time when your brand needs to be established. Unfortunately, the platform doesn’t have all the tools necessary.
Whether you’re an established business or a beginner, Thinkific has a wide range of features to cater to a variety of needs. While some factors may not be suitable for others, it is generally manageable enough to allow everyone to try.