The Internet has been a portal to an endless amount of information and content since its meteoric rise in the late 1900s. While access to it was limited back then, it has become more approachable and integrated into our ways of living. It has changed many aspects of our lives, including how we consume entertainment and how we shop for products. It has revolutionized education.
There are many ways to learn and gain knowledge in this new age. One of these is through online course content. When it comes to handling courses shared by and for everyone, Thinkific may be one of the first names to pop up. Did you know that there are other online platforms that offer similar functions? We’ll be looking at the four online courses that are competing with Thinkific and comparing them to ours.
For those of you who prefer a more visual experience, here is a video review from Useful Website’s YouTube channel. To get a comprehensive overview of Thinkific, you may still want to check out our article below.
What is Thinkific? A Brief Overview Thinkific Vs Thrive Themes Course Builder
Before we go ahead and compare Thinkific with the other four, we must talk first about what the latter is, how it works, and how it can benefit aspiring edupreneurs like you. To start, Thinkific is a learning management system (LMS) that aims to provide an optimized and engaging educational environment from both sides. It is a popular choice for both established businesses and new entrepreneurs. Thinkific was founded in 2010 and has been associated with many big-name companies like Samsung, Hootsuite and Intuit.
Thinkific’s main selling point is its flexibility to allow you to change everything from the way you present your courses to how you charge them. Some of its key features include the Site Builder where you’re given a platform and the right amount of customization tools to build a dedicated webpage for your courses. The course editor allows you to customize your curriculum according to what you are interested in, with many lesson types and templates to choose from. You also have the option to either share your courses for free or put up a membership fee for your subscribers to pay with this feature! Thinkific’s other notable features include easy integrations to the Thinkific App Store, student data management and interactions, as well as no transaction fees.
Though Thinkific offers a free plan, you can still access basic features. However, to make the most of the platform, you should try the paid plans. The Basic plan is $39/month and the Pro plan is $79, with the option to add a Growth plan. Premier allows you full access for $399.
Thinkific vs. Teachingable
Teachable, a course creation platform, is very similar to Thinkific in terms both of their features and their popularity among edupreneurs. Just like the latter, the former lets you have full control of what you wish to share in your content such as pricing and student data management. You can also create your own curriculum on the platform. While the LMS services are similar in appearance, Teachable has a few unique assets that set it apart from Thinkific and other course content websites.
The Key Features
Teachable’s editing interface makes it easier than Thinkific’s. Although there are some limitations, like the lack of integrations with Storyline and Captivate, Teachable offers more options than Thinkific. You can also import content from cloud-based storage platforms like Google Drive or Dropbox. The drag-and-drop functionality is more engaging than Thinkific’s.
Teachable allows you to use stronger, more advanced marketing and analytics tools. This includes the one-step checkout page feature, which has been proven to have higher conversion rates than Thinkific’s 2-step process. Teachable also offers a mobile app for iOS, and live chat support in high priced plans. Thinkific Vs Thrive Themes Course Builder
Teachable offers four pricing plans, similar to Thinkific’s. The Free plan is for beginners and allows them to test it risk-free. However, what makes it different from the other is the generally lower price range.
- The Basic plan costs only $29 per month.
- The Pro plan is the recommended tier and costs $99/month.
- The Business plan is at $249/month. All features are included at a lower price than the Thinkific Premier plan which costs $399 per month.
Thinkific vs. Kajabi
Kajabi, another popular online course platform, is trusted by more than 16,000 businesses and has over 60 million students. It’s branded as an all-in-one platform with a vast range of tools to create and market your content to your target audience. One of its selling points is the ability to build an entire brand on one platform with a plethora of marketing and customization tools. Although Thinkific’s services are reasonably priced, Kajabi’s prices can be prohibitive for those who wish to take it up.
The Key Features
It’s important that we discuss the key features that make Kajabi a premium platform. Unlike other LMS sites that require third-party integrations with marketing tools, including Thinkific, Kajabi has a whole marketing suite built into its system. Its e-mail marketing function lets you send promos to your subscribers without needing to integrate with external solutions.
Its sales funnel software is also an integral feature. Kajabi’s funnel blueprint templates will make it easy to reach your target audience. On top of having a webpage and landing page editor that’s more powerful, Kajabi also has blogging features for you to utilize, truly making the platform the all-in-one course creation solution as advertised.
Kajabi offers a 14-day limited trial, unlike Teachable and Thinkific which offer a free plan. However, it is available in three of its paid plans.
- The Basic plan starts at $119 per month
- The Growth plan is priced at $159/month – their most popular offer.
- The Pro plan costs $319 per month, which is slightly less than Thinkific’s.
Podia vs. Thinkific
Many course content platforms claim to be creator-friendly but don’t offer enough features and services to meet their needs. Thankfully, Podia does a remarkable job in keeping that promise, making it a great and convenient place for the edupreneurs, whether they’re experts or just beginners. It’s an online course creation service that, like Kajabi, offers all-in-one solutions. It also offers a wide range of features and tools, many of which are extremely user-friendly. Podia is a great option because you get all its incredible functions for a very affordable price.
The Key Features
You can sell online courses with Podia. However, you are also allowed to digitally download and offer membership content. Thinkific may have a feature that’s similar to this, but the difference is that, while the latter is more focused on e-courses, the former concentrates on more than that. A huge advantage that the platform has above the rest is the ability to have unlimited uploads and downloads. Unlike other LMS services, Podia has set up zero limitations in bandwidth and file space.
As Podia aims to be creator-friendly, most of the features have to be reflective of this statement. These include easy-to-use and integrated email marketing and analytics tools as well as a simple course-making and page editing process. There is also an interactive dashboard that allows you and your students to interact freely. Your courses allow students to comment. Thinkific Vs Thrive Themes Course Builder
Apart from the recently added Free plan, Podia’s pricing range is arguably the most valuable among other course-making platforms and is also perfect for small-scale DIY creators.
- The Mover plan is $39 per Month.
- The Shaker plan, its best deal, is at $89/month.
- Another new addition is the Earthquaker. It costs only $199 per month.
Udemy vs. Thinkific
Udemy works differently to Thinkific and the other three competitors we have already mentioned. Udemy is different from other e-course platforms. It boasts one of the largest online course marketplaces with over 70,000 instructors and 50 million students. Udemy has been known as a great launching pad for beginners. Although it sounds great, you have virtually no control over the courses or students. Despite these obstacles, Udemy still allows budding creators like yourself to make a living selling their content.
The Key Features
One of Udemy’s greatest hits has to be its widespread marketplace platform. Because it has a low barrier to entry, students can easily access it whenever they need to find new things to learn. It also allows you to completely free-host your content! Despite the severe lack of customization options, course creation has been made relatively easy thanks to its manageable interface and solid support system.
Udemy allows you to create a course on any of its 100+ topics. Technology- and business-related courses are the most popular. Though limited as they could ever be, you’re given four affordably-paid tiers to choose from if you wish to charge any of your courses, ranging from $19.99 at the lowest to $34.99 at the highest.
It’s worth mentioning again that Udemy allows you to create unlimited course content for free. If you don’t want to pay for any paid plans on other LMS platforms, this is a great advantage. However, once you have made a sale on the platform, be aware of the transaction fees.
The Advantages of Thinkific vs.
Thinkific’s user-friendly interface and wide customization options are what we talked about previously. Instructors using this platform may find themselves having a relatively easier time exploring most of its aspects, the most notable of which being its App Store library of third-party integrations. You also get all access to your courses and student data management. This gives you complete control over what you do. What else are the advantages each of our four competitors has that stand out from Thinkific’s? Let’s see what happens next! Thinkific Vs Thrive Themes Course Builder
- It has a more user-friendly experience and range of features compared to Thinkific’s
- It has additional, more advanced tools to offer in terms of sales, marketing, analytics, and even payment options
- Aside from being able to handle VAT taxes, it allows you to offer a one-on-one coaching course to your student subscribers
- It is an all-in one e-course that allows you to build your brand using all the tools and services available.
- The platform already includes a number of useful marketing and analysis tools.
- It has optimized features such as dripping, pipeline building, and sales funnel tools designed to boost and improve subscriber turnout and conversion rates
- The deal is highly value for instructors because it includes the Free plan and all other paid tiers.
- The migration from content from other course platforms to your content is easy.
- No worries about transactions or other extra fees in your way, plus the general interface is incredibly easy to use
- It lets you have free and full access to all of the platform’s features
- It boasts a large audience of tens of millions of students, making it perfect if you wish for your content to have a wider reach
- It offers a trusted teaching center, which is a benefit for beginning instructors, and a supportive community of other teachers.
The Advantages: Thinkific vs.
There are plenty of things that we like about Thinkific, but there are some that we otherwise don’t appreciate much. For one, it lacks customer support options – while other LMS platforms like Teachable have live chat support, Thinkific has none, though you may avail of its e-mail and phone services. Although there are more integrations than the rest, Thinkific doesn’t have a mobile app that allows for quick access to its services on the move. However, this may change in the future. With that in mind, what else do the other four services lack?
- Its course compliance features are less strict and weaker than Thinkific’s
- It has lower payment options than the other, even though edupreneurs have full control over all aspects of the business
- Selling courses in bulk or bundles is much more difficult.
- It is the most expensive and highest priced plan of the four.
- It is not possible to get a free plan. The 14-day trial is available for all three pricing plans.
- Speaking of steep prices, it may be more expensive to acquire access to more of its features, making it not ideal for the budget-conscious
- Its customization options are quite limited when it comes to course editing compared to Thinkific’s and other LMS services
- Its marketing tools are also limited in the sense that it’s not complex enough
- No student certificate credential features are included in the platform
- You are unable to control your course content and your subscribers.
- Its marketplace is highly competitive
- They take half of your earnings from courses because they charge high transaction fees
The bottom line Thinkific Vs Thrive Themes Course Builder
Although Teachable has similar features to Thinkific’s, the interface is simpler to use. In addition, Teachable covers certain aspects of course creation that Thinkific does not have. Thinkific Vs Thrive Themes Course Builder
Kajabi is packed with premium tools but it’s an option that’s better suited for people who are willing and able to spend more. Podia is an alternative service that’s better for DIY entrepreneurs on a budget.
Udemy is an ideal starting point for newbies. There will be a time when your brand needs to be established. Unfortunately, the platform doesn’t have all the tools necessary.
Thinkific offers a broad range of features that can be used by any business, no matter how established or new. There may be a couple of factors that may not suit others, but it’s generally manageable enough for everyone else to try.