Over the years since its meteoric rise during the late 1900s, the Internet has broken ground as a gateway to a vast world of information and content. While access to it was limited back then, it has become more approachable and integrated into our ways of living. It has changed many aspects of our lives, including how we consume entertainment and how we shop for products. It has even revolutionized how we deal with education!
There are many different ways of learning and gaining knowledge in the new age. One of these is through online course content. Thinkific is a popular name when it comes to sharing courses with everyone. But did you know about the other platforms that deliver similar functions? We’ll be looking at the four online courses that are competing with Thinkific and comparing them to ours.
For those of you who prefer a more visual experience, here is a video review from Useful Website’s YouTube channel. To get a comprehensive overview of Thinkific, you may still want to check out our article below.
What is Thinkific? A Short Overview Thinkific Vs Quillbot
Before we compare Thinkific to the other four, let’s first discuss what it is, how it works and how it can help aspiring entrepreneurs like you. To start, Thinkific is a learning management system (LMS) that aims to provide an optimized and engaging educational environment from both sides. It is a popular choice for both established businesses and new entrepreneurs. Since its establishment in the 2010s, Thinkific has been associated with big-name companies such as Samsung, Hootsuite, Intuit, and many more.
One of Thinkific’s selling points is the ability to customize flexibly from how you wish to present your courses to how much you want to charge them. The Site Builder is one of the key features. It gives you a platform with the right amount customization tools to create a webpage for your courses. The course editor allows you to customize your curriculum according to what you are interested in, with many lesson types and templates to choose from. You also have the option to either share your courses for free or put up a membership fee for your subscribers to pay with this feature! Thinkific’s other notable features include easy integrations to the Thinkific App Store, student data management and interactions, as well as no transaction fees.
Though Thinkific offers a free plan, you can still access basic features. However, to make the most of the platform, you should try the paid plans. The Basic plan is $39/month and the Pro plan is $79, with the option to add a Growth plan. Premier allows you full access for $399.
Thinkific vs. Teachable
Teachable is a course creation platform that has a very similar footing to Thinkific in terms of the features they offer and the popularity they have among edupreneurs everywhere. The former allows you to control what content you share, such as pricing and student information management. It also lets you have a platform where you can create your curriculum to your heart’s content. Although both of the LMS services may be similar at face value, make no mistake – Teachable does have a couple of unique assets that make it stand out from Thinkific and other course content sites!
The Key Features
Teachable’s editing interface makes it easier than Thinkific’s. Although there are some limitations, like the lack of integrations with Storyline and Captivate, Teachable offers more options than Thinkific. You can also import content from cloud-based storage platforms like Google Drive or Dropbox. The drag-and-drop functionality is more engaging than Thinkific’s.
Teachable also lets you use their stronger, more enhanced marketing and analytics tools, including the one-step checkout page feature which has proven to have better conversion rates than Thinkific’s 2-step process. Teachable also offers a mobile app for iOS, and live chat support in high priced plans. Thinkific Vs Quillbot
Teachable offers four pricing plans, similar to Thinkific’s. The Free plan is for beginners and allows them to test it risk-free. However, what makes it different from the other is the generally lower price range.
- The Basic plan costs only $29 per month.
- The Pro plan is the recommended tier and costs $99/month.
- The Business plan is at $249/month. All features are included at a lower price than the Thinkific Premier plan which costs $399 per month.
Kajabi vs. Thinkific
Kajabi is another one of the most popular online course content platforms, trusted by over 16,000 businesses and housed with more than 60 million students. It is a platform that offers all-in-one tools and a wide range of marketing tools to help you market your content to your target audience. Its main selling point is its ability to create a brand from one platform, with numerous marketing and customization tools. But, while Thinkific offers its services at reasonable rates, Kajabi’s pricing range is twice as high, which may impede those who want to try it.
The Key Features
It’s important that we discuss the key features that make Kajabi a premium platform. Unlike other LMS sites that require third-party integrations with marketing tools, including Thinkific, Kajabi has a whole marketing suite built into its system. Its e-mail marketing function lets you send promos to your subscribers without needing to integrate with external solutions.
The sales funnel software is an important feature. Kajabi’s funnel blueprint templates will make it easy to reach your target audience. Kajabi offers more than just a website and landing page editor. It also provides blogging capabilities that make it the perfect platform for creating courses.
Kajabi offers a 14-day limited trial, unlike Teachable and Thinkific which offer a free plan. However, it is available in three of its paid plans.
- The Basic plan begins at $119 a month.
- The Growth plan is priced at $159/month – their most popular offer.
- The Pro plan costs $319 per month, which is slightly less than Thinkific’s.
Podia vs. Thinkific
Numerous course content platforms have claimed to be creator-friendly, yet don’t have enough features or services to satisfy them to the fullest. Podia delivers on that promise and is a great place to start a business, no matter how experienced or novice. It’s an online course creation service that, like Kajabi, offers all-in-one solutions. It also offers a wide range of features and tools, many of which are extremely user-friendly. What makes Podia an interesting option is that you get all of its amazing functions at rates that are a bang for your buck!
The Key Features
You can sell online courses with Podia. However, you are also allowed to digitally download and offer membership content. Thinkific may have a feature that’s similar to this, but the difference is that, while the latter is more focused on e-courses, the former concentrates on more than that. The platform offers unlimited uploads as well as downloads, which is a huge advantage. Unlike other LMS services, Podia has set up zero limitations in bandwidth and file space.
As Podia aims to be creator-friendly, most of the features have to be reflective of this statement. This includes easy-access and integrated e-mail marketing and analytics tools, a breezy course-making and page editing process, and an interactive dashboard where you and your students can interact without limits. Students are even allowed to leave comments on your courses. Thinkific Vs Quillbot
Apart from the recently added Free plan, Podia’s pricing range is arguably the most valuable among other course-making platforms and is also perfect for small-scale DIY creators.
- The Mover plan costs $39 per month.
- The Shaker plan is the best deal and costs $89 per month.
- The Earthquaker, another new addition, is priced at only $199/month.
Udemy vs. Thinkific
Udemy operates differently from how Thinkific – and essentially the three previous competitors we’ve already mentioned – usually works. Udemy is different from other e-course platforms. It boasts one of the largest online course marketplaces with over 70,000 instructors and 50 million students. Udemy has been known as a great launching pad for beginners. Although it sounds great, you have virtually no control over the courses or students. Despite these obstacles, Udemy still allows budding creators like yourself to make a living selling their content.
The Key Features
One of Udemy’s greatest hits has to be its widespread marketplace platform. It’s easily accessed not just by students whenever they want to find something new to learn, but also by instructors from all walks of life due to its low-barrier entry. Another of its key selling points is the ability to host your content completely free! Despite its lack of customization options it makes course creation relatively simple thanks to its user-friendly interface and solid support.
With Udemy, you get to make a course based on any of the 100+ categories it supports, with technology- and business-related ones being the platform’s extremely popular topics. Although the tiers are not as extensive as you might like, there are four tiers that you can choose from to charge your courses. They range from $19.99 to $34.99 to the highest.
It’s worth mentioning again that Udemy allows you to create unlimited course content for free. If you don’t want to pay for any paid plans on other LMS platforms, this is a great advantage. However, once you have made a sale on the platform, be aware of the transaction fees.
The Advantages: Thinkific vs.
Thinkific’s user-friendly interface and wide customization options are what we talked about previously. Instructors using this platform may find themselves having a relatively easier time exploring most of its aspects, the most notable of which being its App Store library of third-party integrations. You also get all access to your courses and student data management. This gives you complete control over what you do. What else are the advantages each of our four competitors has that stand out from Thinkific’s? Let’s see what happens next! Thinkific Vs Quillbot
- It offers a wider range of features and a more user-friendly experience than Thinkific’s.
- You can also use it for marketing, sales, analytics and payment options.
- Aside from being able to handle VAT taxes, it allows you to offer a one-on-one coaching course to your student subscribers
- As an all-in-one e-course solution, it lets you build your brand with the aid of all the tools and services you may need to do so
- Its handy yet detailed marketing and analysis tools are already built into the platform
- It has optimized features such as dripping, pipeline building, and sales funnel tools designed to boost and improve subscriber turnout and conversion rates
- The deal is highly value for instructors because it includes the Free plan and all other paid tiers.
- The migration from content from other course platforms to your content is easy.
- No worries about transactions or other extra fees in your way, plus the general interface is incredibly easy to use
- It lets you have free and full access to all of the platform’s features
- It boasts a large audience of tens of millions of students, making it perfect if you wish for your content to have a wider reach
- It offers a trusted teaching center, which is a benefit for beginning instructors, and a supportive community of other teachers.
The Disadvantages: Thinkific vs.
While there are many things we love about Thinkific, there are also some that we don’t like. For one, it lacks customer support options – while other LMS platforms like Teachable have live chat support, Thinkific has none, though you may avail of its e-mail and phone services. The list of built-in integrations with e-commerce, marketing, and analysis platforms is much less compared to the rest, while you won’t find a Thinkific mobile app for convenient access on the go (that, however, might change soon). What other services are missing from the four other services?
- Its course compliance features are less strict and weaker than Thinkific’s
- It has lower payment options than the other, even though edupreneurs have full control over all aspects of the business
- Selling courses in bulk or bundles is much more difficult.
- It is the most expensive and highest priced plan of the four.
- There is no appearance of a free plan available either – only the 14-day free trial is offered for each of its three pricing plans
- It may cost more to access more features. This is not a good option for budget-conscious people.
- Its customization options are quite limited when it comes to course editing compared to Thinkific’s and other LMS services
- Its marketing tools are also limited in the sense that it’s not complex enough
- No student certificate credential features are included in the platform
- You are unable to control your course content and your subscribers.
- Its market is extremely competitive
- Its transaction fees are so high they take half your earnings from your courses
The bottom line Thinkific Vs Quillbot
Although Teachable has similar features to Thinkific’s, the interface is simpler to use. In addition, Teachable covers certain aspects of course creation that Thinkific does not have. Thinkific Vs Quillbot
Kajabi is packed with premium tools but it’s an option that’s better suited for people who are willing and able to spend more. Podia is an alternative service that’s better for DIY entrepreneurs on a budget.
Udemy is an ideal starting point for newbies. However, there will come a time when you may need to establish your brand. The platform, unfortunately, does not have nearly all the tools for it.
Whether you’re an established business or a beginner, Thinkific has a wide range of features to cater to a variety of needs. There may be a couple of factors that may not suit others, but it’s generally manageable enough for everyone else to try.