Over the years since its meteoric rise during the late 1900s, the Internet has broken ground as a gateway to a vast world of information and content. While access to it was limited back then, it has become more approachable and integrated into our ways of living. It has revolutionized many aspects, from how we consume entertainment to how we purchase items. It has revolutionized education.
There are many ways to learn and gain knowledge in this new age. Online courses are one of the most popular ways to learn. Thinkific is a popular name when it comes to sharing courses with everyone. Did you know that there are other online platforms that offer similar functions? We’ll be looking at the four online courses that are competing with Thinkific and comparing them to ours.
For those of you who prefer a more visual experience, here is a video review from Useful Website’s YouTube channel. To get a comprehensive overview of Thinkific, you may still want to check out our article below.
What is Thinkific? A Short Overview Thinkific Vs Jabber
Before we compare Thinkific to the other four, let’s first discuss what it is, how it works and how it can help aspiring entrepreneurs like you. Thinkific, a learning management software (LMS), aims to create an engaging and optimized educational environment for both students and teachers. It has been favored among established businesses and edupreneurs, as well as the newbies. Thinkific was founded in 2010 and has been associated with many big-name companies like Samsung, Hootsuite and Intuit.
One of Thinkific’s selling points is the ability to customize flexibly from how you wish to present your courses to how much you want to charge them. The Site Builder is one of the key features. It gives you a platform with the right amount customization tools to create a webpage for your courses. The course editor allows you to customize your curriculum according to what you are interested in, with many lesson types and templates to choose from. You also have the option to either share your courses for free or put up a membership fee for your subscribers to pay with this feature! Other notable parts of Thinkific are easy integrations with the built-in Thinkific App Store, easy-use student data management and interactions, and no high transaction fees!
Though Thinkific offers a free plan, you can still access basic features. However, to make the most of the platform, you should try the paid plans. The Basic plan is $39/month and the Pro plan is $79, with the option to add a Growth plan. Premier allows you full access for $399.
Thinkific vs. Teachingable
Teachable is a course creation platform that has a very similar footing to Thinkific in terms of the features they offer and the popularity they have among edupreneurs everywhere. Just like the latter, the former lets you have full control of what you wish to share in your content such as pricing and student data management. It also lets you have a platform where you can create your curriculum to your heart’s content. While the LMS services are similar in appearance, Teachable has a few unique assets that set it apart from Thinkific and other course content websites.
The Key Features
Teachable’s editing interface makes it easier than Thinkific’s. While there may be a few limits, such as the absence of integrations with Captivate and Storyline, Teachable has much more options to explore as you may import content through cloud-based data storage platforms such as Google Drive and Dropbox. The drag-and-drop functionality is more engaging than Thinkific’s.
Teachable also lets you use their stronger, more enhanced marketing and analytics tools, including the one-step checkout page feature which has proven to have better conversion rates than Thinkific’s 2-step process. The addition of a dedicated mobile app for iOS and live chat support in high-priced plans are among Teachable’s other notable features. Thinkific Vs Jabber
Similar to Thinkific’s, Teachable’s four pricing plans include the Free plan that beginners may want to try out risk-free. However, what makes it different from the other is the generally lower price range.
- The Basic plan is priced as low as $29 per month.
- The Pro plan, its recommended tier, costs $99/month.
- The Business plan is at $249/month. All features are included at a lower price than the Thinkific Premier plan which costs $399 per month.
Thinkific vs. Kajabi
Kajabi is another one of the most popular online course content platforms, trusted by over 16,000 businesses and housed with more than 60 million students. It is a platform that offers all-in-one tools and a wide range of marketing tools to help you market your content to your target audience. One of its selling points is the ability to build an entire brand on one platform with a plethora of marketing and customization tools. Although Thinkific’s services are reasonably priced, Kajabi’s prices can be prohibitive for those who wish to take it up.
The Key Features
To find out why Kajabi is priced much higher, it’s important to talk about some of the main features that make this platform a premium choice. Unlike other LMS sites that require third-party integrations with marketing tools, including Thinkific, Kajabi has a whole marketing suite built into its system. You can send promotional emails to your subscribers using the e-mail marketing function.
The sales funnel software is an important feature. You wouldn’t have to overcomplicate yourself, as Kajabi makes things easier with funnel blueprint templates optimized to rake in your target audience. On top of having a webpage and landing page editor that’s more powerful, Kajabi also has blogging features for you to utilize, truly making the platform the all-in-one course creation solution as advertised.
Unlike in both Thinkific and Teachable where the option for a Free plan is available, Kajabi only has a limited trial that lasts for 14 days. It is, however, offered in three of its paid plans.
- The Basic plan begins at $119 a month.
- The Growth plan is priced at $159/month – their most popular offer.
- The Pro plan is at $319/month, which is a bit more affordable than Thinkific’s version.
Podia vs. Thinkific
Numerous course content platforms have claimed to be creator-friendly, yet don’t have enough features or services to satisfy them to the fullest. Podia delivers on that promise and is a great place to start a business, no matter how experienced or novice. Like Kajabi, it offers all-in one solutions through its online course creation platform. It also offers a wide range of features and tools, many of which are extremely user-friendly. What makes Podia an interesting option is that you get all of its amazing functions at rates that are a bang for your buck!
The Key Features
You can sell online courses with Podia. However, you are also allowed to digitally download and offer membership content. Though Thinkific might have something similar, it is different in that the former focuses more on e-courses and the former on other topics. The platform offers unlimited uploads as well as downloads, which is a huge advantage. Podia does not have file space and bandwidth limitations like other LMS services.
Podia strives to be creator-friendly so all features must reflect this. These include easy-to-use and integrated email marketing and analytics tools as well as a simple course-making and page editing process. There is also an interactive dashboard that allows you and your students to interact freely. Students are even allowed to leave comments on your courses. Thinkific Vs Jabber
Podia’s pricing range, aside from the newly added Free plan is undoubtedly the most valuable of all course-making platforms. It is also ideal for small-scale DIY entrepreneurs.
- The Mover plan costs $39 per month.
- The Shaker plan is the best deal and costs $89 per month.
- The Earthquaker, another new addition, is priced at only $199/month.
Thinkific vs. Udemy
Udemy works differently to Thinkific and the other three competitors we have already mentioned. Udemy is different from other e-course platforms. It boasts one of the largest online course marketplaces with over 70,000 instructors and 50 million students. Udemy is a great platform for beginners. Although it sounds great, you have virtually no control over the courses or students. Despite these obstacles, Udemy still allows budding creators like yourself to make a living selling their content.
The Key Features
Udemy’s most popular feature is its extensive marketplace platform. It’s easily accessed not just by students whenever they want to find something new to learn, but also by instructors from all walks of life due to its low-barrier entry. Another of its key selling points is the ability to host your content completely free! Despite the severe lack of customization options, course creation has been made relatively easy thanks to its manageable interface and solid support system.
With Udemy, you get to make a course based on any of the 100+ categories it supports, with technology- and business-related ones being the platform’s extremely popular topics. Although the tiers are not as extensive as you might like, there are four tiers that you can choose from to charge your courses. They range from $19.99 to $34.99 to the highest.
Udemy offers unlimited course creation for free. This is a huge advantage if you’re not into purchasing any of the paid plans that other LMS platforms have. However, once you have made a sale on the platform, be aware of the transaction fees.
The Advantages: Thinkific vs.
To bring back what we’ve talked about earlier, Thinkific is renowned for its convenient user experience and flexible customization range. Instructors using this platform may find themselves having a relatively easier time exploring most of its aspects, the most notable of which being its App Store library of third-party integrations. Additionally, you get an all-access pass to your courses and student data management, ultimately giving you full control to do as you please. What are other advantages that each of our competitors offers over Thinkific’s? Let’s find out very shortly! Thinkific Vs Jabber
- It offers a wider range of features and a more user-friendly experience than Thinkific’s.
- It has additional, more advanced tools to offer in terms of sales, marketing, analytics, and even payment options
- Aside from being able to handle VAT taxes, it allows you to offer a one-on-one coaching course to your student subscribers
- As an all-in-one e-course solution, it lets you build your brand with the aid of all the tools and services you may need to do so
- Its handy yet detailed marketing and analysis tools are already built into the platform
- It optimizes features like dripping, pipeline construction, and sales funnel tools to increase subscriber turnout, conversion rates, and boost and improve subscribers’ turnout.
- Aside from the limited Free plan, all the other paid tiers are packed with enough essential high-quality features, making the deal highly valuable for the instructors
- The migration from content from other course platforms to your content is easy.
- There are no additional fees or transactions to worry about. The interface is extremely easy to use.
- It lets you have free and full access to all of the platform’s features
- It boasts a large audience of tens of millions of students, making it perfect if you wish for your content to have a wider reach
- It has a reliable teaching center that’s a bonus for beginner instructors, as well as a supportive community of fellow teachers
The Advantages: Thinkific vs.
There are plenty of things that we like about Thinkific, but there are some that we otherwise don’t appreciate much. For one, it lacks customer support options – while other LMS platforms like Teachable have live chat support, Thinkific has none, though you may avail of its e-mail and phone services. The list of built-in integrations with e-commerce, marketing, and analysis platforms is much less compared to the rest, while you won’t find a Thinkific mobile app for convenient access on the go (that, however, might change soon). What other services are missing from the four other services?
- Its compliance features for course completion are weaker and less stringent than Thinkific’s.
- It has lower payment options than the other, even though edupreneurs have full control over all aspects of the business
- It’s much harder to sell courses in bundles or bulk
- It is the most expensive and highest priced plan of the four.
- There is no appearance of a free plan available either – only the 14-day free trial is offered for each of its three pricing plans
- It may cost more to access more features. This is not a good option for budget-conscious people.
- The customization options for course editing are much more limited than Thinkific’s LMS service.
- It’s also not well-designed in terms of marketing tools.
- The platform does not include student credential features such as student certificates.
- You are unable to control your course content and your subscribers.
- Its marketplace is highly competitive
- Its transaction fees are so high they take half your earnings from your courses
The bottom line Thinkific Vs Jabber
Teachable may have similar features to Thinkific, but the user interface is easier to manage. In addition, Teachable covers certain aspects of course creation that Thinkific does not have. Thinkific Vs Jabber
Kajabi is packed with premium tools but it’s an option that’s better suited for people who are willing and able to spend more. Podia, on the other hand, is a better service for solo DIY edupreneurs on a tight budget.
Udemy is an ideal starting point for newbies. There will be a time when your brand needs to be established. The platform, unfortunately, does not have nearly all the tools for it.
Whether you’re an established business or a beginner, Thinkific has a wide range of features to cater to a variety of needs. There may be a couple of factors that may not suit others, but it’s generally manageable enough for everyone else to try.