Over the years since its meteoric rise during the late 1900s, the Internet has broken ground as a gateway to a vast world of information and content. While access to it was limited back then, it has become more approachable and integrated into our ways of living. It has changed many aspects of our lives, including how we consume entertainment and how we shop for products. It has revolutionized education.
There are many ways to learn and gain knowledge in this new age. One of these is through online course content. Thinkific is a popular name when it comes to sharing courses with everyone. Did you know that there are other online platforms that offer similar functions? In this article, we’ll take a look at our four online course competitors and see how much each holds up to Thinkific’s standards!
For those of you who prefer a more visual experience, here is a video review from Useful Website’s YouTube channel. To get a comprehensive overview of Thinkific, you may still want to check out our article below.
What is Thinkific? A Brief Overview Thinkific Vs Circa Sportsbook
Before we go ahead and compare Thinkific with the other four, we must talk first about what the latter is, how it works, and how it can benefit aspiring edupreneurs like you. To start, Thinkific is a learning management system (LMS) that aims to provide an optimized and engaging educational environment from both sides. It is a popular choice for both established businesses and new entrepreneurs. Since its establishment in the 2010s, Thinkific has been associated with big-name companies such as Samsung, Hootsuite, Intuit, and many more.
Thinkific’s main selling point is its flexibility to allow you to change everything from the way you present your courses to how you charge them. The Site Builder is one of the key features. It gives you a platform with the right amount customization tools to create a webpage for your courses. The course editor allows you to customize your curriculum according to what you are interested in, with many lesson types and templates to choose from. This feature allows you to share your courses free of charge or charge a fee to your subscribers. Thinkific’s other notable features include easy integrations to the Thinkific App Store, student data management and interactions, as well as no transaction fees.
It’s worth noting that Thinkific has a Free plan that lets you gain access to basic features, but to get the most out of the platform, it’s recommended that you try any of the paid plans, such as the Basic plan with the price as low as $39/month, the Pro plan at $79 with the option of a Growth add-on, and the Premier, which lets you have full access to everything at $399.
Thinkific vs. Teachingable
Teachable, a course creation platform, is very similar to Thinkific in terms both of their features and their popularity among edupreneurs. Just like the latter, the former lets you have full control of what you wish to share in your content such as pricing and student data management. You can also create your own curriculum on the platform. While the LMS services are similar in appearance, Teachable has a few unique assets that set it apart from Thinkific and other course content websites.
The Key Features
Teachable’s editing interface makes it easier than Thinkific’s. While there may be a few limits, such as the absence of integrations with Captivate and Storyline, Teachable has much more options to explore as you may import content through cloud-based data storage platforms such as Google Drive and Dropbox. The drag-and-drop functionality is more engaging than Thinkific’s.
Teachable also lets you use their stronger, more enhanced marketing and analytics tools, including the one-step checkout page feature which has proven to have better conversion rates than Thinkific’s 2-step process. The addition of a dedicated mobile app for iOS and live chat support in high-priced plans are among Teachable’s other notable features. Thinkific Vs Circa Sportsbook
Teachable offers four pricing plans, similar to Thinkific’s. The Free plan is for beginners and allows them to test it risk-free. It is however, more affordable than the others.
- The Basic plan costs only $29 per month.
- The Pro plan is the recommended tier and costs $99/month.
- The Business plan is at $249/month. All features are included at a lower price than the Thinkific Premier plan which costs $399 per month.
Kajabi vs. Thinkific
Kajabi, another popular online course platform, is trusted by more than 16,000 businesses and has over 60 million students. It’s branded as an all-in-one platform with a vast range of tools to create and market your content to your target audience. One of its selling points is the ability to build an entire brand on one platform with a plethora of marketing and customization tools. But, while Thinkific offers its services at reasonable rates, Kajabi’s pricing range is twice as high, which may impede those who want to try it.
The Key Features
To find out why Kajabi is priced much higher, it’s important to talk about some of the main features that make this platform a premium choice. Unlike other LMS sites that require third-party integrations with marketing tools, including Thinkific, Kajabi has a whole marketing suite built into its system. You can send promotional emails to your subscribers using the e-mail marketing function.
The sales funnel software is an important feature. Kajabi’s funnel blueprint templates will make it easy to reach your target audience. Kajabi offers more than just a website and landing page editor. It also provides blogging capabilities that make it the perfect platform for creating courses.
Unlike in both Thinkific and Teachable where the option for a Free plan is available, Kajabi only has a limited trial that lasts for 14 days. However, it is available in three of its paid plans.
- The Basic plan begins at $119 a month.
- The most popular offer is the Growth plan, which costs $159 per month.
- The Pro plan costs $319 per month, which is slightly less than Thinkific’s.
Podia vs. Thinkific
Many course content platforms claim to be creator-friendly but don’t offer enough features and services to meet their needs. Thankfully, Podia does a remarkable job in keeping that promise, making it a great and convenient place for the edupreneurs, whether they’re experts or just beginners. It’s an online course creation service that, like Kajabi, offers all-in-one solutions. It also offers a wide range of features and tools, many of which are extremely user-friendly. Podia is a great option because you get all its incredible functions for a very affordable price.
The Key Features
With Podia, not only are you allowed to sell online courses, but also digital downloads and membership content. Though Thinkific might have something similar, it is different in that the former focuses more on e-courses and the former on other topics. The platform offers unlimited uploads as well as downloads, which is a huge advantage. Unlike other LMS services, Podia has set up zero limitations in bandwidth and file space.
As Podia aims to be creator-friendly, most of the features have to be reflective of this statement. This includes easy-access and integrated e-mail marketing and analytics tools, a breezy course-making and page editing process, and an interactive dashboard where you and your students can interact without limits. Students are even allowed to leave comments on your courses. Thinkific Vs Circa Sportsbook
Podia’s pricing range, aside from the newly added Free plan is undoubtedly the most valuable of all course-making platforms. It is also ideal for small-scale DIY entrepreneurs.
- The Mover plan is $39 per Month.
- The Shaker plan, its best deal, is at $89/month.
- The Earthquaker, another new addition, is priced at only $199/month.
Thinkific vs. Udemy
Udemy works differently to Thinkific and the other three competitors we have already mentioned. Udemy is different from other e-course platforms. It boasts one of the largest online course marketplaces with over 70,000 instructors and 50 million students. Udemy is a great platform for beginners. While it sounds ideal, it does, however, come at a cost: there’s virtually no control over your courses and your students. Despite the hurdles, Udemy still allows burgeoning creators like you to get paid and make a living from selling your content!
The Key Features
Udemy’s most popular feature is its extensive marketplace platform. It’s easily accessed not just by students whenever they want to find something new to learn, but also by instructors from all walks of life due to its low-barrier entry. Another of its key selling points is the ability to host your content completely free! Despite the severe lack of customization options, course creation has been made relatively easy thanks to its manageable interface and solid support system.
With Udemy, you get to make a course based on any of the 100+ categories it supports, with technology- and business-related ones being the platform’s extremely popular topics. Though limited as they could ever be, you’re given four affordably-paid tiers to choose from if you wish to charge any of your courses, ranging from $19.99 at the lowest to $34.99 at the highest.
It’s worth mentioning again that Udemy allows you to create unlimited course content for free. If you don’t want to pay for any paid plans on other LMS platforms, this is a great advantage. But, you must be aware of the high transaction fees that may be expected once you make a sale from the platform.
The Advantages: Thinkific vs.
To bring back what we’ve talked about earlier, Thinkific is renowned for its convenient user experience and flexible customization range. Instructors using this platform may find themselves having a relatively easier time exploring most of its aspects, the most notable of which being its App Store library of third-party integrations. Additionally, you get an all-access pass to your courses and student data management, ultimately giving you full control to do as you please. What are other advantages that each of our competitors offers over Thinkific’s? Let’s find out very shortly! Thinkific Vs Circa Sportsbook
- It offers a wider range of features and a more user-friendly experience than Thinkific’s.
- It has additional, more advanced tools to offer in terms of sales, marketing, analytics, and even payment options
- It allows you to provide a one-on-1 coaching course to your student subscribers, in addition to being able to manage VAT taxes
- As an all-in-one e-course solution, it lets you build your brand with the aid of all the tools and services you may need to do so
- The platform already includes a number of useful marketing and analysis tools.
- It optimizes features like dripping, pipeline construction, and sales funnel tools to increase subscriber turnout, conversion rates, and boost and improve subscribers’ turnout.
- Aside from the limited Free plan, all the other paid tiers are packed with enough essential high-quality features, making the deal highly valuable for the instructors
- Its migration process from your content from previous course platforms is hassle-free
- There are no additional fees or transactions to worry about. The interface is extremely easy to use.
- You have full and free access to all the features of the platform.
- It has a huge audience of tens to millions of students. This makes it ideal if your content needs to reach a wider audience.
- It has a reliable teaching center that’s a bonus for beginner instructors, as well as a supportive community of fellow teachers
The Disadvantages: Thinkific vs.
While there are many things we love about Thinkific, there are also some that we don’t like. One is that it does not offer customer support. While other LMS platforms, such as Teachable, have live chat support available, Thinkific doesn’t. However, you can use its e-mail or phone services. The list of built-in integrations with e-commerce, marketing, and analysis platforms is much less compared to the rest, while you won’t find a Thinkific mobile app for convenient access on the go (that, however, might change soon). With that in mind, what else do the other four services lack?
- Its compliance features for course completion are weaker and less stringent than Thinkific’s.
- It offers lesser payment pricing options than the other as well, despite edupreneurs having full control over everything else
- Selling courses in bulk or bundles is much more difficult.
- Its priced plans are the steepest and most expensive among the other four
- It is not possible to get a free plan. The 14-day trial is available for all three pricing plans.
- It may cost more to access more features. This is not a good option for budget-conscious people.
- Its customization options are quite limited when it comes to course editing compared to Thinkific’s and other LMS services
- It’s also not well-designed in terms of marketing tools.
- No student certificate credential features are included in the platform
- You are unable to control your course content and your subscribers.
- Its marketplace is highly competitive
- They take half of your earnings from courses because they charge high transaction fees
The Bottom Line Thinkific Vs Circa Sportsbook
Although Teachable has similar features to Thinkific’s, the interface is simpler to use. In addition, Teachable covers certain aspects of course creation that Thinkific does not have. Thinkific Vs Circa Sportsbook
Kajabi may be packed with tons of premium tools, but it’s a choice that’s more appropriate for those who are willing to pay more for that. Podia is an alternative service that’s better for DIY entrepreneurs on a budget.
Udemy is a great place to start for beginners. There will be a time when your brand needs to be established. Unfortunately, the platform doesn’t have all the tools necessary.
Thinkific offers a broad range of features that can be used by any business, no matter how established or new. While some factors may not be suitable for others, it is generally manageable enough to allow everyone to try.