The Internet has been a portal to an endless amount of information and content since its meteoric rise in the late 1900s. While access to it was limited back then, it has become more approachable and integrated into our ways of living. It has changed many aspects of our lives, including how we consume entertainment and how we shop for products. It has even revolutionized how we deal with education!
There are many different ways of learning and gaining knowledge in the new age. Online courses are one of the most popular ways to learn. When it comes to handling courses shared by and for everyone, Thinkific may be one of the first names to pop up. Did you know that there are other online platforms that offer similar functions? In this article, we’ll take a look at our four online course competitors and see how much each holds up to Thinkific’s standards!
For those of you who prefer a more visual experience, here is a video review from Useful Website’s YouTube channel. To get a comprehensive overview of Thinkific, you may still want to check out our article below.
What is Thinkific? A Brief Overview Thinkific Vs Around The Clock
Before we go ahead and compare Thinkific with the other four, we must talk first about what the latter is, how it works, and how it can benefit aspiring edupreneurs like you. Thinkific, a learning management software (LMS), aims to create an engaging and optimized educational environment for both students and teachers. It is a popular choice for both established businesses and new entrepreneurs. Since its establishment in the 2010s, Thinkific has been associated with big-name companies such as Samsung, Hootsuite, Intuit, and many more.
Thinkific’s main selling point is its flexibility to allow you to change everything from the way you present your courses to how you charge them. The Site Builder is one of the key features. It gives you a platform with the right amount customization tools to create a webpage for your courses. The course editor allows you to customize your curriculum according to what you are interested in, with many lesson types and templates to choose from. You also have the option to either share your courses for free or put up a membership fee for your subscribers to pay with this feature! Other notable parts of Thinkific are easy integrations with the built-in Thinkific App Store, easy-use student data management and interactions, and no high transaction fees!
Though Thinkific offers a free plan, you can still access basic features. However, to make the most of the platform, you should try the paid plans. The Basic plan is $39/month and the Pro plan is $79, with the option to add a Growth plan. Premier allows you full access for $399.
Thinkific vs. Teachable
Teachable, a course creation platform, is very similar to Thinkific in terms both of their features and their popularity among edupreneurs. The former allows you to control what content you share, such as pricing and student information management. You can also create your own curriculum on the platform. While the LMS services are similar in appearance, Teachable has a few unique assets that set it apart from Thinkific and other course content websites.
The Key Features
Teachable’s editing interface makes it easier than Thinkific’s. Although there are some limitations, like the lack of integrations with Storyline and Captivate, Teachable offers more options than Thinkific. You can also import content from cloud-based storage platforms like Google Drive or Dropbox. Its drag-and-drop feature is noticeably more engaging than Thinkific’s version.
Teachable also lets you use their stronger, more enhanced marketing and analytics tools, including the one-step checkout page feature which has proven to have better conversion rates than Thinkific’s 2-step process. Teachable also offers a mobile app for iOS, and live chat support in high priced plans. Thinkific Vs Around The Clock
Similar to Thinkific’s, Teachable’s four pricing plans include the Free plan that beginners may want to try out risk-free. However, what makes it different from the other is the generally lower price range.
- The Basic plan is priced as low as $29 per month.
- The Pro plan, its recommended tier, costs $99/month.
- The Business plan costs $249 per month. All features are included at a lower price than the Thinkific Premier plan which costs $399 per month.
Kajabi vs. Thinkific
Kajabi is another one of the most popular online course content platforms, trusted by over 16,000 businesses and housed with more than 60 million students. It is a platform that offers all-in-one tools and a wide range of marketing tools to help you market your content to your target audience. Its main selling point is its ability to create a brand from one platform, with numerous marketing and customization tools. Although Thinkific’s services are reasonably priced, Kajabi’s prices can be prohibitive for those who wish to take it up.
The Key Features
To find out why Kajabi is priced much higher, it’s important to talk about some of the main features that make this platform a premium choice. Kajabi offers a complete marketing suite, unlike other LMS sites, such as Thinkific, that requires third-party integrations to marketing tools. You can send promotional emails to your subscribers using the e-mail marketing function.
Its sales funnel software is also an integral feature. Kajabi’s funnel blueprint templates will make it easy to reach your target audience. Kajabi offers more than just a website and landing page editor. It also provides blogging capabilities that make it the perfect platform for creating courses.
Unlike in both Thinkific and Teachable where the option for a Free plan is available, Kajabi only has a limited trial that lasts for 14 days. It is, however, offered in three of its paid plans.
- The Basic plan begins at $119 a month.
- The most popular offer is the Growth plan, which costs $159 per month.
- The Pro plan is at $319/month, which is a bit more affordable than Thinkific’s version.
Thinkific vs. Podia
Many course content platforms claim to be creator-friendly but don’t offer enough features and services to meet their needs. Thankfully, Podia does a remarkable job in keeping that promise, making it a great and convenient place for the edupreneurs, whether they’re experts or just beginners. It’s an online course creation service that, like Kajabi, offers all-in-one solutions. It also offers a wide range of features and tools, many of which are extremely user-friendly. What makes Podia an interesting option is that you get all of its amazing functions at rates that are a bang for your buck!
The Key Features
With Podia, not only are you allowed to sell online courses, but also digital downloads and membership content. Thinkific may have a feature that’s similar to this, but the difference is that, while the latter is more focused on e-courses, the former concentrates on more than that. A huge advantage that the platform has above the rest is the ability to have unlimited uploads and downloads. Podia does not have file space and bandwidth limitations like other LMS services.
Podia strives to be creator-friendly so all features must reflect this. These include easy-to-use and integrated email marketing and analytics tools as well as a simple course-making and page editing process. There is also an interactive dashboard that allows you and your students to interact freely. Students are even allowed to leave comments on your courses. Thinkific Vs Around The Clock
Apart from the recently added Free plan, Podia’s pricing range is arguably the most valuable among other course-making platforms and is also perfect for small-scale DIY creators.
- The Mover plan costs $39 per month.
- The Shaker plan, its best deal, is at $89/month.
- The Earthquaker, another new addition, is priced at only $199/month.
Udemy vs. Thinkific
Udemy works differently to Thinkific and the other three competitors we have already mentioned. Udemy is different from other e-course platforms. It boasts one of the largest online course marketplaces with over 70,000 instructors and 50 million students. Udemy has been known as a great launching pad for beginners. Although it sounds great, you have virtually no control over the courses or students. Despite these obstacles, Udemy still allows budding creators like yourself to make a living selling their content.
The Key Features
Udemy’s most popular feature is its extensive marketplace platform. It’s easily accessed not just by students whenever they want to find something new to learn, but also by instructors from all walks of life due to its low-barrier entry. It also allows you to completely free-host your content! Despite its lack of customization options it makes course creation relatively simple thanks to its user-friendly interface and solid support.
With Udemy, you get to make a course based on any of the 100+ categories it supports, with technology- and business-related ones being the platform’s extremely popular topics. Although the tiers are not as extensive as you might like, there are four tiers that you can choose from to charge your courses. They range from $19.99 to $34.99 to the highest.
Udemy offers unlimited course creation for free. If you don’t want to pay for any paid plans on other LMS platforms, this is a great advantage. However, once you have made a sale on the platform, be aware of the transaction fees.
The Advantages: Thinkific vs.
To bring back what we’ve talked about earlier, Thinkific is renowned for its convenient user experience and flexible customization range. This platform is likely to make it easier for instructors to explore its many features, including its App Store library of third party integrations. You also get all access to your courses and student data management. This gives you complete control over what you do. What are other advantages that each of our competitors offers over Thinkific’s? Let’s see what happens next! Thinkific Vs Around The Clock
- It has a more user-friendly experience and range of features compared to Thinkific’s
- You can also use it for marketing, sales, analytics and payment options.
- Aside from being able to handle VAT taxes, it allows you to offer a one-on-one coaching course to your student subscribers
- It is an all-in one e-course that allows you to build your brand using all the tools and services available.
- Its handy yet detailed marketing and analysis tools are already built into the platform
- It has optimized features such as dripping, pipeline building, and sales funnel tools designed to boost and improve subscriber turnout and conversion rates
- Aside from the limited Free plan, all the other paid tiers are packed with enough essential high-quality features, making the deal highly valuable for the instructors
- The migration from content from other course platforms to your content is easy.
- No worries about transactions or other extra fees in your way, plus the general interface is incredibly easy to use
- It lets you have free and full access to all of the platform’s features
- It has a huge audience of tens to millions of students. This makes it ideal if your content needs to reach a wider audience.
- It has a reliable teaching center that’s a bonus for beginner instructors, as well as a supportive community of fellow teachers
The Disadvantages: Thinkific vs.
While there are many things we love about Thinkific, there are also some that we don’t like. One is that it does not offer customer support. While other LMS platforms, such as Teachable, have live chat support available, Thinkific doesn’t. However, you can use its e-mail or phone services. The list of built-in integrations with e-commerce, marketing, and analysis platforms is much less compared to the rest, while you won’t find a Thinkific mobile app for convenient access on the go (that, however, might change soon). What other services are missing from the four other services?
- Its course compliance features are less strict and weaker than Thinkific’s
- It offers lesser payment pricing options than the other as well, despite edupreneurs having full control over everything else
- Selling courses in bulk or bundles is much more difficult.
- Its priced plans are the steepest and most expensive among the other four
- There is no appearance of a free plan available either – only the 14-day free trial is offered for each of its three pricing plans
- It may cost more to access more features. This is not a good option for budget-conscious people.
- Its customization options are quite limited when it comes to course editing compared to Thinkific’s and other LMS services
- It’s also not well-designed in terms of marketing tools.
- No student certificate credential features are included in the platform
- You have nearly nonexistent control over your course content, and you won’t have full access to managing your subscriber students either
- Its market is extremely competitive
- They take half of your earnings from courses because they charge high transaction fees
The Bottom Line Thinkific Vs Around The Clock
Although Teachable has similar features to Thinkific’s, the interface is simpler to use. In addition, Teachable covers certain aspects of course creation that Thinkific does not have. Thinkific Vs Around The Clock
Kajabi may be packed with tons of premium tools, but it’s a choice that’s more appropriate for those who are willing to pay more for that. Podia, on the other hand, is a better service for solo DIY edupreneurs on a tight budget.
Udemy is a great place to start for beginners. However, there will come a time when you may need to establish your brand. The platform, unfortunately, does not have nearly all the tools for it.
Whether you’re an established business or a beginner, Thinkific has a wide range of features to cater to a variety of needs. While some factors may not be suitable for others, it is generally manageable enough to allow everyone to try.