Over the years since its meteoric rise during the late 1900s, the Internet has broken ground as a gateway to a vast world of information and content. Although access was restricted back then, the Internet has become easier to use and more integrated into our daily lives. It has revolutionized many aspects, from how we consume entertainment to how we purchase items. It has revolutionized education.
There are many different ways of learning and gaining knowledge in the new age. Online courses are one of the most popular ways to learn. Thinkific is a popular name when it comes to sharing courses with everyone. But did you know about the other platforms that deliver similar functions? In this article, we’ll take a look at our four online course competitors and see how much each holds up to Thinkific’s standards!
For those of you who prefer a more visual experience, here is a video review from Useful Website’s YouTube channel. To get a comprehensive overview of Thinkific, you may still want to check out our article below.
What is Thinkific? A Short Overview Thinkific Vs Along Side
Before we go ahead and compare Thinkific with the other four, we must talk first about what the latter is, how it works, and how it can benefit aspiring edupreneurs like you. Thinkific, a learning management software (LMS), aims to create an engaging and optimized educational environment for both students and teachers. It is a popular choice for both established businesses and new entrepreneurs. Thinkific was founded in 2010 and has been associated with many big-name companies like Samsung, Hootsuite and Intuit.
Thinkific’s main selling point is its flexibility to allow you to change everything from the way you present your courses to how you charge them. The Site Builder is one of the key features. It gives you a platform with the right amount customization tools to create a webpage for your courses. The course editor allows you to customize your curriculum according to what you are interested in, with many lesson types and templates to choose from. This feature allows you to share your courses free of charge or charge a fee to your subscribers. Other notable parts of Thinkific are easy integrations with the built-in Thinkific App Store, easy-use student data management and interactions, and no high transaction fees!
Though Thinkific offers a free plan, you can still access basic features. However, to make the most of the platform, you should try the paid plans. The Basic plan is $39/month and the Pro plan is $79, with the option to add a Growth plan. Premier allows you full access for $399.
Thinkific vs. Teachable
Teachable is a course creation platform that has a very similar footing to Thinkific in terms of the features they offer and the popularity they have among edupreneurs everywhere. Just like the latter, the former lets you have full control of what you wish to share in your content such as pricing and student data management. It also lets you have a platform where you can create your curriculum to your heart’s content. While the LMS services are similar in appearance, Teachable has a few unique assets that set it apart from Thinkific and other course content websites.
The Key Features
Teachable’s editing interface makes it easier than Thinkific’s. While there may be a few limits, such as the absence of integrations with Captivate and Storyline, Teachable has much more options to explore as you may import content through cloud-based data storage platforms such as Google Drive and Dropbox. The drag-and-drop functionality is more engaging than Thinkific’s.
Teachable allows you to use stronger, more advanced marketing and analytics tools. This includes the one-step checkout page feature, which has been proven to have higher conversion rates than Thinkific’s 2-step process. Teachable also offers a mobile app for iOS, and live chat support in high priced plans. Thinkific Vs Along Side
Teachable offers four pricing plans, similar to Thinkific’s. The Free plan is for beginners and allows them to test it risk-free. It is however, more affordable than the others.
- The Basic plan is priced as low as $29 per month.
- The Pro plan, its recommended tier, costs $99/month.
- The Business plan costs $249 per month. All features are included at a lower price than the Thinkific Premier plan which costs $399 per month.
Kajabi vs. Thinkific
Kajabi is another one of the most popular online course content platforms, trusted by over 16,000 businesses and housed with more than 60 million students. It’s branded as an all-in-one platform with a vast range of tools to create and market your content to your target audience. Its main selling point is its ability to create a brand from one platform, with numerous marketing and customization tools. But, while Thinkific offers its services at reasonable rates, Kajabi’s pricing range is twice as high, which may impede those who want to try it.
The Key Features
To find out why Kajabi is priced much higher, it’s important to talk about some of the main features that make this platform a premium choice. Kajabi offers a complete marketing suite, unlike other LMS sites, such as Thinkific, that requires third-party integrations to marketing tools. You can send promotional emails to your subscribers using the e-mail marketing function.
Its sales funnel software is also an integral feature. You wouldn’t have to overcomplicate yourself, as Kajabi makes things easier with funnel blueprint templates optimized to rake in your target audience. Kajabi offers more than just a website and landing page editor. It also provides blogging capabilities that make it the perfect platform for creating courses.
Unlike in both Thinkific and Teachable where the option for a Free plan is available, Kajabi only has a limited trial that lasts for 14 days. It is, however, offered in three of its paid plans.
- The Basic plan begins at $119 a month.
- The most popular offer is the Growth plan, which costs $159 per month.
- The Pro plan is at $319/month, which is a bit more affordable than Thinkific’s version.
Thinkific vs. Podia
Many course content platforms claim to be creator-friendly but don’t offer enough features and services to meet their needs. Thankfully, Podia does a remarkable job in keeping that promise, making it a great and convenient place for the edupreneurs, whether they’re experts or just beginners. Like Kajabi, it offers all-in one solutions through its online course creation platform. Not only that, but it has a vast array of tools and features, most of which are incredibly user-friendly. What makes Podia an interesting option is that you get all of its amazing functions at rates that are a bang for your buck!
The Key Features
You can sell online courses with Podia. However, you are also allowed to digitally download and offer membership content. Though Thinkific might have something similar, it is different in that the former focuses more on e-courses and the former on other topics. A huge advantage that the platform has above the rest is the ability to have unlimited uploads and downloads. Podia does not have file space and bandwidth limitations like other LMS services.
As Podia aims to be creator-friendly, most of the features have to be reflective of this statement. These include easy-to-use and integrated email marketing and analytics tools as well as a simple course-making and page editing process. There is also an interactive dashboard that allows you and your students to interact freely. Students are even allowed to leave comments on your courses. Thinkific Vs Along Side
Apart from the recently added Free plan, Podia’s pricing range is arguably the most valuable among other course-making platforms and is also perfect for small-scale DIY creators.
- The Mover plan is $39 per Month.
- The Shaker plan, its best deal, is at $89/month.
- Another new addition is the Earthquaker. It costs only $199 per month.
Thinkific vs. Udemy
Udemy works differently to Thinkific and the other three competitors we have already mentioned. Unlike other e-course platforms, Udemy emphasizes having one of the biggest online course marketplaces, used by more than 70,000 instructors and over 50 million students worldwide. Udemy has been known as a great launching pad for beginners. Although it sounds great, you have virtually no control over the courses or students. Despite the hurdles, Udemy still allows burgeoning creators like you to get paid and make a living from selling your content!
The Key Features
One of Udemy’s greatest hits has to be its widespread marketplace platform. It’s easily accessed not just by students whenever they want to find something new to learn, but also by instructors from all walks of life due to its low-barrier entry. It also allows you to completely free-host your content! Despite the severe lack of customization options, course creation has been made relatively easy thanks to its manageable interface and solid support system.
Udemy allows you to create a course on any of its 100+ topics. Technology- and business-related courses are the most popular. Although the tiers are not as extensive as you might like, there are four tiers that you can choose from to charge your courses. They range from $19.99 to $34.99 to the highest.
It’s worth mentioning again that Udemy allows you to create unlimited course content for free. If you don’t want to pay for any paid plans on other LMS platforms, this is a great advantage. But, you must be aware of the high transaction fees that may be expected once you make a sale from the platform.
The Advantages: Thinkific vs.
Thinkific’s user-friendly interface and wide customization options are what we talked about previously. This platform is likely to make it easier for instructors to explore its many features, including its App Store library of third party integrations. You also get all access to your courses and student data management. This gives you complete control over what you do. What else are the advantages each of our four competitors has that stand out from Thinkific’s? Let’s see what happens next! Thinkific Vs Along Side
- It offers a wider range of features and a more user-friendly experience than Thinkific’s.
- It has additional, more advanced tools to offer in terms of sales, marketing, analytics, and even payment options
- Aside from being able to handle VAT taxes, it allows you to offer a one-on-one coaching course to your student subscribers
- As an all-in-one e-course solution, it lets you build your brand with the aid of all the tools and services you may need to do so
- Its handy yet detailed marketing and analysis tools are already built into the platform
- It optimizes features like dripping, pipeline construction, and sales funnel tools to increase subscriber turnout, conversion rates, and boost and improve subscribers’ turnout.
- The deal is highly value for instructors because it includes the Free plan and all other paid tiers.
- Its migration process from your content from previous course platforms is hassle-free
- There are no additional fees or transactions to worry about. The interface is extremely easy to use.
- You have full and free access to all the features of the platform.
- It boasts a large audience of tens of millions of students, making it perfect if you wish for your content to have a wider reach
- It offers a trusted teaching center, which is a benefit for beginning instructors, and a supportive community of other teachers.
The Advantages: Thinkific vs.
While there are many things we love about Thinkific, there are also some that we don’t like. One is that it does not offer customer support. While other LMS platforms, such as Teachable, have live chat support available, Thinkific doesn’t. However, you can use its e-mail or phone services. Although there are more integrations than the rest, Thinkific doesn’t have a mobile app that allows for quick access to its services on the move. However, this may change in the future. What other services are missing from the four other services?
- Its compliance features for course completion are weaker and less stringent than Thinkific’s.
- It has lower payment options than the other, even though edupreneurs have full control over all aspects of the business
- Selling courses in bulk or bundles is much more difficult.
- Its priced plans are the steepest and most expensive among the other four
- It is not possible to get a free plan. The 14-day trial is available for all three pricing plans.
- It may cost more to access more features. This is not a good option for budget-conscious people.
- The customization options for course editing are much more limited than Thinkific’s LMS service.
- It’s also not well-designed in terms of marketing tools.
- The platform does not include student credential features such as student certificates.
- You are unable to control your course content and your subscribers.
- Its marketplace is highly competitive
- They take half of your earnings from courses because they charge high transaction fees
The Bottom Line Thinkific Vs Along Side
Teachable may have similar features to Thinkific, but the user interface is easier to manage. Teachable also covers aspects of course creation that Thinkific doesn’t. Thinkific Vs Along Side
Kajabi is packed with premium tools but it’s an option that’s better suited for people who are willing and able to spend more. Podia, on the other hand, is a better service for solo DIY edupreneurs on a tight budget.
Udemy is a great place to start for beginners. However, there will come a time when you may need to establish your brand. Unfortunately, the platform doesn’t have all the tools necessary.
Thinkific offers a broad range of features that can be used by any business, no matter how established or new. While some factors may not be suitable for others, it is generally manageable enough to allow everyone to try.