Over the years since its meteoric rise during the late 1900s, the Internet has broken ground as a gateway to a vast world of information and content. Although access was restricted back then, the Internet has become easier to use and more integrated into our daily lives. It has revolutionized many aspects, from how we consume entertainment to how we purchase items. It has revolutionized education.
There are many ways to learn and gain knowledge in this new age. Online courses are one of the most popular ways to learn. Thinkific is a popular name when it comes to sharing courses with everyone. Did you know that there are other online platforms that offer similar functions? We’ll be looking at the four online courses that are competing with Thinkific and comparing them to ours.
For those of you who prefer a more visual experience, here is a video review from Useful Website’s YouTube channel. Do check out our article below, however, because it has a comprehensive overview of Thinkific.
What is Thinkific? A Short Overview Thinkific Vs Above And Beyond
Before we compare Thinkific to the other four, let’s first discuss what it is, how it works and how it can help aspiring entrepreneurs like you. To start, Thinkific is a learning management system (LMS) that aims to provide an optimized and engaging educational environment from both sides. It is a popular choice for both established businesses and new entrepreneurs. Since its establishment in the 2010s, Thinkific has been associated with big-name companies such as Samsung, Hootsuite, Intuit, and many more.
Thinkific’s main selling point is its flexibility to allow you to change everything from the way you present your courses to how you charge them. Some of its key features include the Site Builder where you’re given a platform and the right amount of customization tools to build a dedicated webpage for your courses. The course editor allows you to customize your curriculum according to what you are interested in, with many lesson types and templates to choose from. You also have the option to either share your courses for free or put up a membership fee for your subscribers to pay with this feature! Other notable parts of Thinkific are easy integrations with the built-in Thinkific App Store, easy-use student data management and interactions, and no high transaction fees!
It’s worth noting that Thinkific has a Free plan that lets you gain access to basic features, but to get the most out of the platform, it’s recommended that you try any of the paid plans, such as the Basic plan with the price as low as $39/month, the Pro plan at $79 with the option of a Growth add-on, and the Premier, which lets you have full access to everything at $399.
Thinkific vs. Teachingable
Teachable is a course creation platform that has a very similar footing to Thinkific in terms of the features they offer and the popularity they have among edupreneurs everywhere. Just like the latter, the former lets you have full control of what you wish to share in your content such as pricing and student data management. You can also create your own curriculum on the platform. Although both of the LMS services may be similar at face value, make no mistake – Teachable does have a couple of unique assets that make it stand out from Thinkific and other course content sites!
The Key Features
Teachable’s editing interface is easier to use than Thinkific’s. While there may be a few limits, such as the absence of integrations with Captivate and Storyline, Teachable has much more options to explore as you may import content through cloud-based data storage platforms such as Google Drive and Dropbox. Its drag-and-drop feature is noticeably more engaging than Thinkific’s version.
Teachable allows you to use stronger, more advanced marketing and analytics tools. This includes the one-step checkout page feature, which has been proven to have higher conversion rates than Thinkific’s 2-step process. Teachable also offers a mobile app for iOS, and live chat support in high priced plans. Thinkific Vs Above And Beyond
Similar to Thinkific’s, Teachable’s four pricing plans include the Free plan that beginners may want to try out risk-free. However, what makes it different from the other is the generally lower price range.
- The Basic plan is priced as low as $29 per month.
- The Pro plan, its recommended tier, costs $99/month.
- The Business plan is at $249/month. You get all of the features at a much lower price compared to Thinkific’s $399/month Premier plan.
Thinkific vs. Kajabi
Kajabi is another one of the most popular online course content platforms, trusted by over 16,000 businesses and housed with more than 60 million students. It’s branded as an all-in-one platform with a vast range of tools to create and market your content to your target audience. One of its selling points is the ability to build an entire brand on one platform with a plethora of marketing and customization tools. Although Thinkific’s services are reasonably priced, Kajabi’s prices can be prohibitive for those who wish to take it up.
The Key Features
To find out why Kajabi is priced much higher, it’s important to talk about some of the main features that make this platform a premium choice. Unlike other LMS sites that require third-party integrations with marketing tools, including Thinkific, Kajabi has a whole marketing suite built into its system. Its e-mail marketing function lets you send promos to your subscribers without needing to integrate with external solutions.
The sales funnel software is an important feature. Kajabi’s funnel blueprint templates will make it easy to reach your target audience. Kajabi offers more than just a website and landing page editor. It also provides blogging capabilities that make it the perfect platform for creating courses.
Kajabi offers a 14-day limited trial, unlike Teachable and Thinkific which offer a free plan. However, it is available in three of its paid plans.
- The Basic plan starts at $119 per month
- The most popular offer is the Growth plan, which costs $159 per month.
- The Pro plan is at $319/month, which is a bit more affordable than Thinkific’s version.
Thinkific vs. Podia
Many course content platforms claim to be creator-friendly but don’t offer enough features and services to meet their needs. Podia delivers on that promise and is a great place to start a business, no matter how experienced or novice. It’s an online course creation service that, like Kajabi, offers all-in-one solutions. It also offers a wide range of features and tools, many of which are extremely user-friendly. What makes Podia an interesting option is that you get all of its amazing functions at rates that are a bang for your buck!
The Key Features
With Podia, not only are you allowed to sell online courses, but also digital downloads and membership content. Thinkific may have a feature that’s similar to this, but the difference is that, while the latter is more focused on e-courses, the former concentrates on more than that. The platform offers unlimited uploads as well as downloads, which is a huge advantage. Podia does not have file space and bandwidth limitations like other LMS services.
Podia strives to be creator-friendly so all features must reflect this. These include easy-to-use and integrated email marketing and analytics tools as well as a simple course-making and page editing process. There is also an interactive dashboard that allows you and your students to interact freely. Students are even allowed to leave comments on your courses. Thinkific Vs Above And Beyond
Podia’s pricing range, aside from the newly added Free plan is undoubtedly the most valuable of all course-making platforms. It is also ideal for small-scale DIY entrepreneurs.
- The Mover plan costs $39 per month.
- The Shaker plan, its best deal, is at $89/month.
- Another new addition is the Earthquaker. It costs only $199 per month.
Thinkific vs. Udemy
Udemy works differently to Thinkific and the other three competitors we have already mentioned. Unlike other e-course platforms, Udemy emphasizes having one of the biggest online course marketplaces, used by more than 70,000 instructors and over 50 million students worldwide. Udemy has been known as a great launching pad for beginners. Although it sounds great, you have virtually no control over the courses or students. Despite the hurdles, Udemy still allows burgeoning creators like you to get paid and make a living from selling your content!
The Key Features
One of Udemy’s greatest hits has to be its widespread marketplace platform. It’s easily accessed not just by students whenever they want to find something new to learn, but also by instructors from all walks of life due to its low-barrier entry. Another of its key selling points is the ability to host your content completely free! Despite its lack of customization options it makes course creation relatively simple thanks to its user-friendly interface and solid support.
With Udemy, you get to make a course based on any of the 100+ categories it supports, with technology- and business-related ones being the platform’s extremely popular topics. Although the tiers are not as extensive as you might like, there are four tiers that you can choose from to charge your courses. They range from $19.99 to $34.99 to the highest.
It’s worth mentioning again that Udemy allows you to create unlimited course content for free. If you don’t want to pay for any paid plans on other LMS platforms, this is a great advantage. However, once you have made a sale on the platform, be aware of the transaction fees.
The Advantages: Thinkific vs.
Thinkific’s user-friendly interface and wide customization options are what we talked about previously. This platform is likely to make it easier for instructors to explore its many features, including its App Store library of third party integrations. Additionally, you get an all-access pass to your courses and student data management, ultimately giving you full control to do as you please. What else are the advantages each of our four competitors has that stand out from Thinkific’s? Let’s find out very shortly! Thinkific Vs Above And Beyond
- It has a more user-friendly experience and range of features compared to Thinkific’s
- It has additional, more advanced tools to offer in terms of sales, marketing, analytics, and even payment options
- Aside from being able to handle VAT taxes, it allows you to offer a one-on-one coaching course to your student subscribers
- It is an all-in one e-course that allows you to build your brand using all the tools and services available.
- The platform already includes a number of useful marketing and analysis tools.
- It optimizes features like dripping, pipeline construction, and sales funnel tools to increase subscriber turnout, conversion rates, and boost and improve subscribers’ turnout.
- The deal is highly value for instructors because it includes the Free plan and all other paid tiers.
- Its migration process from your content from previous course platforms is hassle-free
- No worries about transactions or other extra fees in your way, plus the general interface is incredibly easy to use
- It lets you have free and full access to all of the platform’s features
- It boasts a large audience of tens of millions of students, making it perfect if you wish for your content to have a wider reach
- It offers a trusted teaching center, which is a benefit for beginning instructors, and a supportive community of other teachers.
The Disadvantages: Thinkific vs.
While there are many things we love about Thinkific, there are also some that we don’t like. For one, it lacks customer support options – while other LMS platforms like Teachable have live chat support, Thinkific has none, though you may avail of its e-mail and phone services. The list of built-in integrations with e-commerce, marketing, and analysis platforms is much less compared to the rest, while you won’t find a Thinkific mobile app for convenient access on the go (that, however, might change soon). With that in mind, what else do the other four services lack?
- Its course compliance features are less strict and weaker than Thinkific’s
- It has lower payment options than the other, even though edupreneurs have full control over all aspects of the business
- Selling courses in bulk or bundles is much more difficult.
- Its priced plans are the steepest and most expensive among the other four
- It is not possible to get a free plan. The 14-day trial is available for all three pricing plans.
- Speaking of steep prices, it may be more expensive to acquire access to more of its features, making it not ideal for the budget-conscious
- The customization options for course editing are much more limited than Thinkific’s LMS service.
- It’s also not well-designed in terms of marketing tools.
- The platform does not include student credential features such as student certificates.
- You have nearly nonexistent control over your course content, and you won’t have full access to managing your subscriber students either
- Its market is extremely competitive
- Its transaction fees are so high they take half your earnings from your courses
The Bottom Line Thinkific Vs Above And Beyond
Teachable may have similar features to Thinkific, but the user interface is easier to manage. In addition, Teachable covers certain aspects of course creation that Thinkific does not have. Thinkific Vs Above And Beyond
Kajabi may be packed with tons of premium tools, but it’s a choice that’s more appropriate for those who are willing to pay more for that. Podia is an alternative service that’s better for DIY entrepreneurs on a budget.
Udemy is an ideal starting point for newbies. There will be a time when your brand needs to be established. The platform, unfortunately, does not have nearly all the tools for it.
Whether you’re an established business or a beginner, Thinkific has a wide range of features to cater to a variety of needs. While some factors may not be suitable for others, it is generally manageable enough to allow everyone to try.