The Internet has been a portal to an endless amount of information and content since its meteoric rise in the late 1900s. While access to it was limited back then, it has become more approachable and integrated into our ways of living. It has changed many aspects of our lives, including how we consume entertainment and how we shop for products. It has revolutionized education.
There are many different ways of learning and gaining knowledge in the new age. One of these is through online course content. When it comes to handling courses shared by and for everyone, Thinkific may be one of the first names to pop up. But did you know about the other platforms that deliver similar functions? We’ll be looking at the four online courses that are competing with Thinkific and comparing them to ours.
For those of you who prefer a more visual experience, here is a video review from Useful Website’s YouTube channel. Do check out our article below, however, because it has a comprehensive overview of Thinkific.
What is Thinkific? A Short Overview Optimize Press Vs Thinkific
Before we go ahead and compare Thinkific with the other four, we must talk first about what the latter is, how it works, and how it can benefit aspiring edupreneurs like you. To start, Thinkific is a learning management system (LMS) that aims to provide an optimized and engaging educational environment from both sides. It has been favored among established businesses and edupreneurs, as well as the newbies. Since its establishment in the 2010s, Thinkific has been associated with big-name companies such as Samsung, Hootsuite, Intuit, and many more.
Thinkific’s main selling point is its flexibility to allow you to change everything from the way you present your courses to how you charge them. Some of its key features include the Site Builder where you’re given a platform and the right amount of customization tools to build a dedicated webpage for your courses. The course editor allows you to customize your curriculum according to what you are interested in, with many lesson types and templates to choose from. You also have the option to either share your courses for free or put up a membership fee for your subscribers to pay with this feature! Thinkific’s other notable features include easy integrations to the Thinkific App Store, student data management and interactions, as well as no transaction fees.
Though Thinkific offers a free plan, you can still access basic features. However, to make the most of the platform, you should try the paid plans. The Basic plan is $39/month and the Pro plan is $79, with the option to add a Growth plan. Premier allows you full access for $399.
Thinkific vs. Teachingable
Teachable is a course creation platform that has a very similar footing to Thinkific in terms of the features they offer and the popularity they have among edupreneurs everywhere. The former allows you to control what content you share, such as pricing and student information management. You can also create your own curriculum on the platform. Although both of the LMS services may be similar at face value, make no mistake – Teachable does have a couple of unique assets that make it stand out from Thinkific and other course content sites!
The Key Features
Teachable’s editing interface makes it easier than Thinkific’s. While there may be a few limits, such as the absence of integrations with Captivate and Storyline, Teachable has much more options to explore as you may import content through cloud-based data storage platforms such as Google Drive and Dropbox. Its drag-and-drop feature is noticeably more engaging than Thinkific’s version.
Teachable allows you to use stronger, more advanced marketing and analytics tools. This includes the one-step checkout page feature, which has been proven to have higher conversion rates than Thinkific’s 2-step process. The addition of a dedicated mobile app for iOS and live chat support in high-priced plans are among Teachable’s other notable features. Optimize Press Vs Thinkific
Teachable offers four pricing plans, similar to Thinkific’s. The Free plan is for beginners and allows them to test it risk-free. However, what makes it different from the other is the generally lower price range.
- The Basic plan costs only $29 per month.
- The Pro plan, its recommended tier, costs $99/month.
- The Business plan costs $249 per month. All features are included at a lower price than the Thinkific Premier plan which costs $399 per month.
Kajabi vs. Thinkific
Kajabi is another one of the most popular online course content platforms, trusted by over 16,000 businesses and housed with more than 60 million students. It’s branded as an all-in-one platform with a vast range of tools to create and market your content to your target audience. One of its selling points is the ability to build an entire brand on one platform with a plethora of marketing and customization tools. But, while Thinkific offers its services at reasonable rates, Kajabi’s pricing range is twice as high, which may impede those who want to try it.
The Key Features
To find out why Kajabi is priced much higher, it’s important to talk about some of the main features that make this platform a premium choice. Unlike other LMS sites that require third-party integrations with marketing tools, including Thinkific, Kajabi has a whole marketing suite built into its system. You can send promotional emails to your subscribers using the e-mail marketing function.
Its sales funnel software is also an integral feature. You wouldn’t have to overcomplicate yourself, as Kajabi makes things easier with funnel blueprint templates optimized to rake in your target audience. Kajabi offers more than just a website and landing page editor. It also provides blogging capabilities that make it the perfect platform for creating courses.
Unlike in both Thinkific and Teachable where the option for a Free plan is available, Kajabi only has a limited trial that lasts for 14 days. However, it is available in three of its paid plans.
- The Basic plan starts at $119 per month
- The Growth plan is priced at $159/month – their most popular offer.
- The Pro plan costs $319 per month, which is slightly less than Thinkific’s.
Podia vs. Thinkific
Many course content platforms claim to be creator-friendly but don’t offer enough features and services to meet their needs. Podia delivers on that promise and is a great place to start a business, no matter how experienced or novice. Like Kajabi, it offers all-in one solutions through its online course creation platform. It also offers a wide range of features and tools, many of which are extremely user-friendly. Podia is a great option because you get all its incredible functions for a very affordable price.
The Key Features
With Podia, not only are you allowed to sell online courses, but also digital downloads and membership content. Though Thinkific might have something similar, it is different in that the former focuses more on e-courses and the former on other topics. A huge advantage that the platform has above the rest is the ability to have unlimited uploads and downloads. Podia does not have file space and bandwidth limitations like other LMS services.
As Podia aims to be creator-friendly, most of the features have to be reflective of this statement. These include easy-to-use and integrated email marketing and analytics tools as well as a simple course-making and page editing process. There is also an interactive dashboard that allows you and your students to interact freely. Students are even allowed to leave comments on your courses. Optimize Press Vs Thinkific
Podia’s pricing range, aside from the newly added Free plan is undoubtedly the most valuable of all course-making platforms. It is also ideal for small-scale DIY entrepreneurs.
- The Mover plan costs $39 per month.
- The Shaker plan, its best deal, is at $89/month.
- Another new addition is the Earthquaker. It costs only $199 per month.
Udemy vs. Thinkific
Udemy works differently to Thinkific and the other three competitors we have already mentioned. Unlike other e-course platforms, Udemy emphasizes having one of the biggest online course marketplaces, used by more than 70,000 instructors and over 50 million students worldwide. Udemy has been known as a great launching pad for beginners. Although it sounds great, you have virtually no control over the courses or students. Despite the hurdles, Udemy still allows burgeoning creators like you to get paid and make a living from selling your content!
The Key Features
One of Udemy’s greatest hits has to be its widespread marketplace platform. Because it has a low barrier to entry, students can easily access it whenever they need to find new things to learn. It also allows you to completely free-host your content! Despite its lack of customization options it makes course creation relatively simple thanks to its user-friendly interface and solid support.
Udemy allows you to create a course on any of its 100+ topics. Technology- and business-related courses are the most popular. Though limited as they could ever be, you’re given four affordably-paid tiers to choose from if you wish to charge any of your courses, ranging from $19.99 at the lowest to $34.99 at the highest.
Udemy offers unlimited course creation for free. This is a huge advantage if you’re not into purchasing any of the paid plans that other LMS platforms have. However, once you have made a sale on the platform, be aware of the transaction fees.
The Advantages: Thinkific vs.
Thinkific’s user-friendly interface and wide customization options are what we talked about previously. This platform is likely to make it easier for instructors to explore its many features, including its App Store library of third party integrations. You also get all access to your courses and student data management. This gives you complete control over what you do. What are other advantages that each of our competitors offers over Thinkific’s? Let’s see what happens next! Optimize Press Vs Thinkific
- It has a more user-friendly experience and range of features compared to Thinkific’s
- You can also use it for marketing, sales, analytics and payment options.
- Aside from being able to handle VAT taxes, it allows you to offer a one-on-one coaching course to your student subscribers
- It is an all-in one e-course that allows you to build your brand using all the tools and services available.
- Its handy yet detailed marketing and analysis tools are already built into the platform
- It has optimized features such as dripping, pipeline building, and sales funnel tools designed to boost and improve subscriber turnout and conversion rates
- Aside from the limited Free plan, all the other paid tiers are packed with enough essential high-quality features, making the deal highly valuable for the instructors
- The migration from content from other course platforms to your content is easy.
- There are no additional fees or transactions to worry about. The interface is extremely easy to use.
- It lets you have free and full access to all of the platform’s features
- It has a huge audience of tens to millions of students. This makes it ideal if your content needs to reach a wider audience.
- It has a reliable teaching center that’s a bonus for beginner instructors, as well as a supportive community of fellow teachers
The Advantages: Thinkific vs.
There are plenty of things that we like about Thinkific, but there are some that we otherwise don’t appreciate much. One is that it does not offer customer support. While other LMS platforms, such as Teachable, have live chat support available, Thinkific doesn’t. However, you can use its e-mail or phone services. The list of built-in integrations with e-commerce, marketing, and analysis platforms is much less compared to the rest, while you won’t find a Thinkific mobile app for convenient access on the go (that, however, might change soon). With that in mind, what else do the other four services lack?
- Its compliance features for course completion are weaker and less stringent than Thinkific’s.
- It has lower payment options than the other, even though edupreneurs have full control over all aspects of the business
- Selling courses in bulk or bundles is much more difficult.
- Its priced plans are the steepest and most expensive among the other four
- There is no appearance of a free plan available either – only the 14-day free trial is offered for each of its three pricing plans
- It may cost more to access more features. This is not a good option for budget-conscious people.
- Its customization options are quite limited when it comes to course editing compared to Thinkific’s and other LMS services
- It’s also not well-designed in terms of marketing tools.
- No student certificate credential features are included in the platform
- You are unable to control your course content and your subscribers.
- Its marketplace is highly competitive
- They take half of your earnings from courses because they charge high transaction fees
The Bottom Line Optimize Press Vs Thinkific
Although Teachable has similar features to Thinkific’s, the interface is simpler to use. In addition, Teachable covers certain aspects of course creation that Thinkific does not have. Optimize Press Vs Thinkific
Kajabi is packed with premium tools but it’s an option that’s better suited for people who are willing and able to spend more. Podia is an alternative service that’s better for DIY entrepreneurs on a budget.
Udemy is a great place to start for beginners. However, there will come a time when you may need to establish your brand. The platform, unfortunately, does not have nearly all the tools for it.
Whether you’re an established business or a beginner, Thinkific has a wide range of features to cater to a variety of needs. There may be a couple of factors that may not suit others, but it’s generally manageable enough for everyone else to try.